No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes: “The Klitschko brothers aren’t carrying the sport."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    Ahhh, another "I like the Klitschkos, but...." type post. A dead giveaway used by you and your pal JAB and his alt(s).

That and the fact that nobody but K-Bros haters calls them "the Klits." With fans like you guys, the brothers don't need enemies.

Actually the K-Bros are definitely great in this era, because they've owned the heavyweight division for nearly a decade. That equals total domination and greatness beyond mere opinion.

You can argue the relative merits of other eras compared to this one, but those arguments are always biased to some degree no matter who is making them and are thus subjective.

What isn't subjective is the fact of the brothers' total domination of the division from 2005-2012.

And history will judge them by what they accomplished against the fighters put in front of them, not on the results of fantasy fights held in the biased minds of boxing history forum personalities.
    Originally posted by Pirao View Post
    Of course you are, you saying the Klitschkos ducked Valuev (lol) has exposed you as such. It would be better if you just admitted it instead of trying to appear unbiased while posting BS.
    Errr no, I will repeat. I don't hate the Klits and I certainly don't love them either. I've never viwed you as a Klitlicker but now I'm starting to wonder.

Comment

Larry must mean the lighter weights when he says MW, because really it's 2 WW's carrying the sport. They are responsible for over 90% of the PPV revenue atm. MW's is deader than it's ever been. The early 90's MW's 9most underrated MW era) would take a **** on the MW's in today's era.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
        Williams was beaten by Morrison who drew with Brewster himself. That you mentioned Byrd shows what an idiot you are. Vitali had more than twice the number of rounds in the bag Tyrd did when the fight stopped. And Wladimir beat him easily twice.

If Tyson beat Holmes in 4 rounds, Lewis would probably have beaten him in 2. Look at how much easier Ruddock was for Lewis than Tyson.

Just to put thing in perspective, Gerry Cooney went 13 rounds with Holmes, while 41-year-old George Foreman knocked him out in 2.

I don't know why your post showed up anyway. You are meant to be on my ignore list.

1. Styles make fights. As always, it's silly to compare unless you consider when each guy fought the other, and what style's they come in with.

2. I don't know if you've seen the Ruddock vs Tyson fights, but you can be damn sure if Ruddock is slobbering and punch drunk today it's a result of the brutality he suffered at Tyson's hands in those two fights.

The HW's contenders of today are the worst bunch there has ever been.

Comment

There's a lack of skilled fighters in the HW division today with the exception of a few fighters. Ofcourse they can't be competitive against the Klits because they are not only way smaller and much weaker physically they also don't have the same level of skill. The way you overcome size and power is with skill. Tyson beat guys with skill, not size and power. It was skill and speed. Power and strength was secondary.

Contenders in the 70's and 80's actually had some boxing skills. Today's HW's are mainly just big strong guys who are taught a few moves, but really haven't boxed from a very young age to acquire the necessary skills. You've got to give credit to the Klit boys, at least they are real pro's dedicated to their craft in an era of part time fighters, or big guys who are taught how to throw a few punches. They lack fundamental boxing skills learned in the gym from a young age.

Today's heavy contenders can't even throw a decent jab. A punch that is the key to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
            There's a lack of skilled fighters in the HW division today with the exception of a few fighters. Ofcourse they can't be competitive against the Klits because they are not only way smaller and much weaker physically they also don't have the same level of skill. The way you overcome size and power is with skill. Tyson beat guys with skill, not size and power. It was skill and speed. Power and strength was secondary.

Contenders in the 70's and 80's actually had some boxing skills. Today's HW's are mainly just big strong guys who are taught a few moves, but really haven't boxed from a very young age to acquire the necessary skills. You've got to give credit to the Klit boys, at least they are real pro's dedicated to their craft in an era of part time fighters, or big guys who are taught how to throw a few punches. They lack fundamental boxing skills learned in the gym from a young age.

Today's heavy contenders can't even throw a decent jab. A punch that is the key to boxing.
            Nice to hear power was only secondary for Tyson when it was actually his primary key to success from 1990 on, and especially post-prison, when he was only relying on KO power instead of movement or speed. The claim "only contenders in the 70's and 80's had some boxing skills" is also a big generalization and you should know it.

And heavyweights of today only part time fighters? This more fits into the 50's, 60's and 70's when Marciano and Ali reigned and policemen and part-time fighters like Wepner were considered worthy contenders. Many contenders of today like Solis actually had extensive amateur background and boxed from a young age on, unlike you claimed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
              Errr no, I will repeat. I don't hate the Klits and I certainly don't love them either. I've never viwed you as a Klitlicker but now I'm starting to wonder.
              Yes, you are. The Klitschkos ducking Valuev You expect to be taken seriously after that gem? Like I care how you view me

Comment

Yes, you are. The Klitschkos ducking Valuev You expect to be taken seriously after that gem?
                They held their titles for as long as Valuev held his yet they didn't fight him to unify. Haye takes hit title and they're quick to fight him. Read between the lines.

Like I care how you view me
                No? Why are you so compelled to respond to Klitlicking claims then??

Comment

They held their titles for as long as Valuev held his yet they didn't fight him to unify. Haye takes hit title and they're quick to fight him. Read between the lines.
                  As far as I know Bernd Boente made several offers to Valuev when he held the title, which he all refused. Vitali is ready to fight him even now if he'd come out of retirement. The brothers are ducking nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                    As far as I know Bernd Boente made several offers to Valuev when he held the title, which he all refused. Vitali is ready to fight him even now if he'd come out of retirement. The brothers are ducking nobody.
                    Yeah when he's retired.

Comment

No? Why are you so compelled to respond to Klitlicking claims then??

The writing between the lines says you're a ******.

When did I respond to klitlicking claims? You can think I'm their #1 fanboy for all I care

Comment

Working...
                      X