Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Who is Bob Arum Fooling? He is Full of ****!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxer777Prime View Post
    I don't care what anyone says.

Which network this fight appears on is a HUGE roadblock. Floyd wants it on Showtime, and Arum wants it on HBO. Floyd is extremely wrong on this issue and he's an childish fool to want it on Showtime.

HBO has a much bigger subscription base and the fight will make more money if it's on HBO. Everyone with a brain knows that this fight should be on HBO given the ratings comparison between the 2 cards.
    subscription doesn't matter for ppv fights.

in uk, some ppv fights can only be ordered on by subscribed customers.

in u.s. ppv can be ordered by anyone that has cable/sat.

you don't have to be a hbo or sho subscriber to order hbo/sho ppv.

Comment

I don't care what anyone says.

Which network this fight appears on is a HUGE roadblock. Floyd wants it on Showtime, and Arum wants it on HBO. Floyd is extremely wrong on this issue and he's an childish fool to want it on Showtime.

HBO has a much bigger subscription base and the fight will make more money if it's on HBO. Everyone with a brain knows that this fight should be on HBO given the ratings comparison between the 2 cards.
      It's a PPV, not a WCB, BAD or SCB card. It will not be shown on regular HBO or SHowtime. Did you think before posting this?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        Please enlighten us how the PPV being on HBO will generate significantly more sales than being on Showtime. I thought this PPV sells the same on a Tuesday afternoon?
        he might be from uk. their ppv works differently.

i remember the uk ppl were complaining hatton-pac fight because they couldn't order the fight unless they had a subscription for that network.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Both floyd and showtime have to agree,, neither has no control over the other.. IF showtime could just magically make floyd fight anyone, I'm sure they would have forced him to fight manny by now, and ggg..

Showtime wishes it could be just a showtime ppv,,, but thats not a realistic option and showtime at this point knows it,,,

Maybe espinoza to protect floyd/haymon would do that, but thats why CBS has gotten involved, because these low level business guys in boxing can't seem to get **** done

Top executives don't talk to the media,,, maybe guys that run the divisions, but not top executives.... Thats a mute point... I tend to believe it not just because bob arum (liar) said so, but because every major media outlet has reported the same
          Every media outlet is reporting what Arum has rehashed. Moonves hasn't said anything and neither has any HBO exec. Espinoza flat out said he was delusional. Trust me, if your CEO is negotiating with someone, you don't call those talks delusional.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Please enlighten us how the PPV being on HBO will generate significantly more sales than being on Showtime. I thought this PPV sells the same on a Tuesday afternoon?
            HBO has a further international reach. They have a bigger brand. They have bigger fighters to put on the undercard.

And finally, they've been unbundled from Cable for a number of countries and that number will only go up. In cause you haven't heard, you won't need cable to view HBO or HBO events in the upcoming year.

Comment

• He had no problem "burning the bridge with HBO by going over to showtime for one fight" before.
              That was before espinoza and haymon took control of showtime... Please try and understand the politics have changed since they took over showtime...

Koncz is the one that said Manny is not exclusive to HBO and Arum retorted that he is bound to HBO through the end of 2014.
              Thats fine,,, do you really think Arum is gonna take this fight to showtime, and burn a bridge with HBO, like GBP did by taking floyd and got all their fighters banned from HBO... look at how danny, ghost, ortiz, khan, broner, have all taken huge steps back since being with showtime.. All their best wins and hype came with HBO.. Why would arum burn the bridge knowing that HBO will scrap top rank fighter and focus on GGG,KOvolev, canelo...

So Floyd is expected to burn bridges with the network that gave him the biggest contract in sports history to keep Arum happy?
              Most idiotic statement you could make,,,, SHOWTIME/CBS wants the manny fight no matter if they have to co promote or not.......

why else would every major news outlet report it, and JIM GRAY hounding floyd immiedietly after the maidana fight.. Jim Gray was instructed to put floyd on the spot about manny, and floyd waffled as usual
              I only see one guy trying to build a defense for anything here.
              I see a bunch of floydiots in such denial.... I can't believe you guys.. Manny, arum, hbo, showtime/cbs, roger/sr are all desperate to make this fight,,,, Floyd is the only one waffling in the wind....

You're right, it was HBO that said it has to be HBO or it won't happen. It was HBO that finally backed down to co-promotion after months.
              Both sides and everyone involved can shoulder some blame over the years,, no one is innocent, but at the moment,, everyone is on board with working together but floyd

"HBO's Greenburg stood in the media room after Lewis' win vs. David Tua in November 2000 and preached that a Lewis-Tyson fight was going to be an HBO event ***8212; or it wouldn't happen."

edit: it took YEARS for HBO to agree to co-promote Lewis-Tyson
              well greenburg isn't around anymore, and he obviously lied as it was a co promotion a year or so later...

And yes tyson-lewis was years in the making,,, so is floyd-manny/.. What was your point with this statement...
              You basically affirmed all I'm saying about co promotions

Considering from Arum's own mouth his exclusive contract with HBO expires at the end of 2014, HBO and saying Manny can't fight on May 2nd are the only two roadblocks I see.
              Once again your inaccurate... ARUM's own mouth is about MANNY'S deal with HBO not arum and top rank with HBO..
              Arum isn't going to sacrifice his tv dates for loma, donaire, walters, bradley, mikey, verdajo, zhou, etc by taking this fight to showtime.... It would effect his whole stable and company, because after a showtime only ppv, showtime will still be al hyamon/espinoza, and HBO will turn its back on Arum and focus on ggg, kovolev, canelo.. and Bob will be out of in the cold... BOB and everyone knows this, expect for floydiots that can't understand

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Once again your inaccurate... ARUM's own mouth is about MANNY'S deal with HBO not arum and top rank with HBO..
                Arum isn't going to sacrifice his tv dates for loma, donaire, walters, bradley, mikey, verdajo, zhou, etc by taking this fight to showtime.... It would effect his whole stable and company, because after a showtime only ppv, showtime will still be al hyamon/espinoza, and HBO will turn its back on Arum and focus on ggg, kovolev, canelo.. and Bob will be out of in the cold... BOB and everyone knows this, expect for floydiots that can't understand
                Yeah but...if Manny is a free agent and can make the fight...he shouldn't just because of Arum? That's a duck, my friend.

Comment

HBO has a further international reach. They have a bigger brand. They have bigger fighters to put on the undercard.

And finally, they've been unbundled from Cable for a number of countries and that number will only go up. In cause you haven't heard, you won't need cable to view HBO or HBO events in the upcoming year.
                  all applies to hbo NOT hboppv. hboppv handles US market. international markets make their own deal. whether network tv, cable tv or ppv as well.

hbo also doesn't really choose the undercard. promoters do.

Comment

• but let's be real.

it'll have to be a showtime/hbo coop.

hbo isn't gonna get left behind.

whether through top rank or pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Every media outlet is reporting what Arum has rehashed. Moonves hasn't said anything and neither has any HBO exec. Espinoza flat out said he was delusional. Trust me, if your CEO is negotiating with someone, you don't call those talks delusional.
                      Then espn, yahoo, fox sports are all delusional, because all have stated that CBS has got involved with this...

All these low level executives talk crap and lies.....
                      The big wigs don't talk at all.....

Comment

Working...
                      X