"Offense Is No Longer A Skill Of Boxing"-Haters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    And in which fight did this happen?

Where are the Fight reports for this specific fight confirming this happned?
    Even though its just a urban rumor or w.e I'd like to think that their is some truth to it. Maybe he didn't throw a punch for a couple minutes and clowned the guy, and then finished the round punching.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Why'd Shane lose to Floyd then?

He's clearly the harder puncher.

Because you don't need power to have great offense or win a fight.

why did Foreman lose to ?

Why did Ali lose to Spinks?

so on....

The Shane Mosley that fought Oscar knocks Floyd out in the 2nd round when he caught him twice in a row. A younger, fresher and harding hitting shane stretches that overrated bum out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
        that's right.

they lacking in their offense.

what happened when great defensive fighter like Ward fights a prime RJJ? He'll get blown up.

Bernard fought RJJ when they were fresher. Offensive fighter won.

They only win because of their lackluster competition.
        Roy had a complete set of skills, where he could avoid punches while landing his own accurately. Which is the point Reed is making about offense. The best offense is landing fast and accurately, not just powerfully.

Comment

why did Larry Holmes lose to Tyson?

Why did Ali lose to Spinks?

so on....

The Shane Mosley that fought Oscar knocks Floyd out in the 2nd round when he caught him twice in a row. A younger, fresher and harding hitting shane stretches that overrated bum out.
          He still had more power than Floyd.

Which by your standards, is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Roy had a complete set of skills, where he could avoid punches while landing his own accurately. Which is the point Reed is making about offense. The best offense is landing fast and accurately, not just powerfully.
            I never said it was JUST POWER

Power is one of the 3 major factors. Prime Roy had Power to go with his speed and timing.

If you don't have power, you don't have great offense. simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetech View Post

Exactly. Im still trying to figure out why so many people claim robbery when pac outhrew & outlanded marquez. The fact that pac was finally in a close fight against a sentimental favorite everybody wants to automatically say marquez won. when the **** did a very close fight with a lot of close rounds become a robbery.
              Just curious, Who won this fight?

Comment

you cant have everything. nobody is perfect. You cant be such a great offensive fighter and be such a great defensive fighter at the same time.

Its physically impossible.

You have to give something up. YOu throw lots of punches hence you get more chances to hit. If you are a defensive genius, you throw less, you get hit less, but you are not as entertaining.

Its quite simple. You cant be both.

Comment

I never said it was JUST POWER

Power is one of the 3 major factors. Prime Roy had Power to go with his speed and timing.

If you don't have power, you don't have great offense. simple as that.
                  Keep believing that if you want, I guess. You have all of boxing history telling you that is false, but I guess you can believe what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    He still had more power than Floyd.

Which by your standards, is all that matters.
                    how many times do i have to tell your dumba$$ that it is not the only thing that matters.

it is one of the most important aspects of offense.

FIRE POWER that is.

Do you get it? I'm not saying speed and timing don't matter.

Defense for example consists of head movement and craftiness.

If you take any of those attributes out, the person does not have great defense.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Keep believing that if you want, I guess. You have all of boxing history telling you that is false, but I guess you can believe what you want.
                      what boxing history tells me KO power is not a part of offense?

Are you mentally ******ed?

Comment

Working...
                      X