Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Bradley's Style is More Difficult Than Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be the first to admit that I was very inspired and impressed by Juan Manuel Marquez recent performance against Manny Pacquiao. He'd actually won that fight in my opinion, even though I predicted he wouldn't make it past the fourth round. I thought Pacquiao was going to knock him out. However, he proved me wrong. Therefore, one can never count him out or sell him short, because time after time, he has always managed to prove his critics wrong with myself being included among them.

However with that being said, styles do make fights and judging by all the intangibles, Timothy Bradley is a stylistic nightmare for JMM. All one has to do is reflect back over his career and see that Marquez; Who is a counter puncher and prefer his opponents to take the lead, so he could set them up with precise combination punching, typically fairs better against opponents who like to get hit. For example: The Juan Diaz's, Michael Katsidis' Manny Pacquiao's come to mind in those instances. These boxers typically try to pressure, overwhelm and constantly wear down their opponents on the inside with flurries, volume and power punches.

That is not Bradley's style. He is more of a defensive boxer, who enjoys fighting from a distance most of the time while utilizing his jab and legs. These are the exact kinds of fighters who Marquez seem to struggle with; Fighters who don't like to engage like Gainer, John and Mayweather for example. However, there are those times where Bradley likes to languish on the inside and lead with his head. The problem is I just don't think that he will stay on the inside long enough against Marquez to get countered by him. Tim Bradley will not make this a phone booth fight. I can just envision him swimming and not getting wet against the much older Marquez.
    Last edited by champion4ever; 01-04-2012, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by indystress View Post
      you're right, not just twice, but three times if it werent for the judge who had it 10-7 for pac in the first round of first fight instead of a 10-6 score.

btw, why did marquez fight chris john when there was an offer for a bigger payday to fight pac? as for marquez and his fanboys, why do you guys keep saying the judges gave favorites to pac when marquez is the one that had more american coverage and more well known in america during the first two fights than was pac?

although all 3 fights were close, pac is 2-1-1 (should actually be 3-0 if not for a 10-7 score first fight first round) vs marquez,
      Marquez won all 3....... and he beat Chris John.

Originally posted by led View Post
      No more another Pac-JMM. Bring Bradley and lets see how JMM would deal against Tim's style.
      I'd rather see Pacquiao fight Bradley tbh

Originally posted by BadBrains View Post
      I want Pacquiao vs. Peterson and Marquez vs. Bradley on the same card!!! Winner of both fight!!!
      Why does Marquez get the better opposition and The Fighter of The Decade #1 P4P gets the guy Marquez's opponents schooled?

Comment

Pacquiao vs Cotto II and Marquez vs B. Rios!

Comment

IMO styles make fights,Braadley will take JMM out of his comfort zone and make him lead..I got Bradley in a close tough fight,I really hope this fight gets made...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            IMO styles make fights,Braadley will take JMM out of his comfort zone and make him lead..I got Bradley in a close tough fight,I really hope this fight gets made...
            As much as i hate Bradley's ducking asss, I think he beats JMM more than close, For me Bradley has different range/arsenal to him, He can fight on the front-foot and backwards, And JMM wouldnt be able to catch him with his famous left uppercut like he does to Pac time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
              ya man got that one....Juan can't handle Timmy inside imo....plus Timmy can box with him if need be....still a good fight though.....but I can only see one winner in that tbh....Timmy all day!!
              At this stage of his career and at his age and weight, no chance. Bradley has more angles to his game than Pac and he would give many more looks to Marquez, along with the speed and volume of punches. Obviously doesn't have the same power, but that's not an issue in this fight, or in any Bradley fight. He fights smart and he would beat Marquez comfortably at this stage.

I actually don't want this fight. I want to see Marquez go out on top with something greater than he has been given. He deserves more than what the corruption in this sport has screwed from him.

I would like to see him fight Morales and get that fourth title. Morales never deserved, never won it off a top fighter and was given every single advantage (he was given more than every advantage, he was given a title straight up. Even if he didn't fight anyone they would have just handed one to him), while Marquez has consistently fought the greatest out there, taking every risk possible in the sport more than anyone I can think of in recent decades. He deserves to be the first true 4 division champ in Mexican history because he won the 147 pound championship title in his last fight.

He won't win if he fights Bradley and that annoys me because he deserves to be given a title like so many lesser fighters are today. See Pac at 150 (sorry, 154), Morales at 140 etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                I can just envision him swimming and not getting wet against the much older Marquez.

I can't decide if that's really sad or really funny.

Comment

Good fight. Make it happen.
                  Its interesting to hear both sides of the argumnet but I think one guys summed it up when he said Marquez is great on the backfoot but struggles to come forward.

I pick Tim in this fight. I think the surprise would be in Tim outboxing Marquez. Everyone expects him to come in with the head but if he makes Juan lead Bradleys has the speed and reflexes to win this one long IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
                    That isn't true. I know plenty of well learned fans, fighters and trainers that believe John won. Marquez is great, but he is also very beatable. When you make him come forward and lead, he isn't half as good as when you come at him at let him counter.
                    Tell me one boxer that has won a fight in Tyland without having to KO the tai boxer and I will give you a benefit of a doudt. other wise you just talking up your arse. Marquez not only beat Chris john, he out class him even with the stupid ref calling Marquez for every litle thing in that fight. not to mention the broadcasters.

The only fair country imo is Japan they usually give the fight to whoever wins it.

Comment

Working...
                    X