No announcement yet.

Vitaly and steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Is it possible Vitaly could be on steroids given his history, knowledge of sports medicine and resurgence and dominance at such a late age?

This is a serious thread so please no trolling. I'm of the belief it is also a very real possibility Hopkins may also be on performance enhancers.

Vote and discuss.
    Probably. The dude probably ****s steroid outta his arse.

Comment

• I have boxed with guys who took steroids and in almost every case their build changes noticeably. I'm going to admit I haven't watched all of Vitali's recent work but his body looks pretty much the same as before with some added flab which is consistent for his age. This would lead me to believe he either:

A). Has been on steroids his whole career.
      B). Doesn't use steroids.

Since he hasn't failed any test other than the infraction in 2004 where he admitted to taking tech to recover from an injury I'll wager he hasn't taken steroids. Him being so successful late in his career doesn't count as a very strong indication to me since he has been beating guys that frankly aren't very good boxers.

Frankly the steroids abuse these days isn't nearly as severe a problem as the number of guys running EPO...

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
        I have boxed with guys who took steroids and in almost every case their build changes noticeably. I'm going to admit I haven't watched all of Vitali's recent work but his body looks pretty much the same as before with some added flab which is consistent for his age. This would lead me to believe he either:

A). Has been on steroids his whole career.
        B). Doesn't use steroids.

Since he hasn't failed any test other than the infraction in 2004 where he admitted to taking tech to recover from an injury I'll wager he hasn't taken steroids. Him being so successful late in his career doesn't count as a very strong indication to me since he has been beating guys that frankly aren't very good boxers.

Frankly the steroids abuse these days isn't nearly as severe a problem as the number of guys running EPO...
        No one ever really talks about EPO either.

I agree with your point about guys who get caught taking steroids having a certain type of build, almost a bodybuilder look a lot of the time.

I think it was interesting the way people used to refer to Gamboa as looking like a mini-Tyson before any of this PED stuff came out, the muscularity he had was was the kind of thing that fit the profile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
          Like all Klitlickers, even confronted with facts, they're still in denial.

Nothing new here.

Oh, does Klit have a rotator-cuff problem?

So Liston was on PED's when he quit against Ali with a shoulder injury? Surely that must be your conclusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            So they can be suspected but Vits can't? That a laughable double standard, especially in Hopkins case.
            Yeah. If I said that. I didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Yeah. If I said that. I didn't.
              You said something to the effect that Hops and Jones have most Mikey taken PED's and probably have been most of their careers. This may or may not be true, I just don't understand how you can suspect them but not Vits.

Comment

• Vitali threw over 1000 punches in the Kevin Johnson fight which i believe is the record. He threw 800 in the 10 rounds he fought Arreola. He couldn't do that in his prime but at 38 he sets the record for punches thrown in a HW fight.

He averaged 72 punches a round vs Lewis and was exhausted after 6. He averaged 84 against Johnson over 12 and 80 vs Arreola over 10 and looked like he could box another 12 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  Vitali threw over 1000 punches in the Kevin Johnson fight which i believe is the record. He threw 800 in the 10 rounds he fought Arreola. He couldn't do that in his prime but at 38 he sets the record for punches thrown in a HW fight.

He averaged 72 punches a round vs Lewis and was exhausted after 6. He averaged 84 against Johnson over 12 and 80 vs Arreola over 10 and looked like he could box another 12 rounds.
                  Should we agree that fighting Lennox is not quite the same as fighting Arreola or Johnson.
                  Lennox turned the boxing into inside brawling. That's why Vitali was more tired than he usually is.

Vitali is impressive. Only hard work and dedication get you to that level. He is always in perfect shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    Should we agree that fighting Lennox is not quite the same as fighting Arreola or Johnson.
                    Lennox turned the boxing into inside brawling. That's why Vitali was more tired than he usually is.

Vitali is impressive. Only hard work and dedication get you to that level. He is always in perfect shape.
                    Averaged 51 a round vs Sanders, 64 vs Williams.

Comment

• Vitali's style is different since he came back. He used to go into killer mode - looking for both accuracy and power. He was looking to take the opponent out. After he came back he boxes more tactically - not every punch is killer one. That's why his output gone up, but he doesn't take out the opponents early. (and yes I am taking into account the quality of opponents).

If he used something illegal it would be known by now. They can't control everything - they are not that powerful.

Comment

Working...
                      X