Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz Hit With License Issue Over 'Nose Break' Quote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EAAE View Post
    im sure ill get some hate for this but whats the big deal? he tried, failed, then got KTFO a minute later and lost his title. i honestly dont see the big deal here, i think its an absolute joke that a comment like that would possibly stop Ortiz-Berto 2, the first fight was sikkkk.
    He should have his license removed for the same reason Margarito had his licence removed after the Mosley fight. They tried inflicting serious injury by cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      It doesn't matter if he was was gonna stop him cuz the ref could jumped in and stopped it. Did you see the Alvarez vs Gomez fight? That was a bull**** stoppage. Or the Juanama vs Salido stoppage.

Ortiz had floyd running backwards with his guard up and his head over the top rope and not throwing anything back. Another 5-10 hard punches with only lik 2-3 getting thru and the ref could completely stop that fight. Refs have stopped fights for less
      no no no bro you cannot be serious, before you get any ***** thoughts in your head, i was going for Ortiz in that fight and was very pissed at Floyd for the suckerpunches that ended it, but to think Ortiz had him ready to go is just unrealistic, cmon man seriously. Yes that was probably Ortiz's best round but that says something about how good Floyd is, he was outboxing Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        He should have his license removed for the same reason Margarito had his licence removed after the Mosley fight. They tried inflicting serious injury by cheating.
        I get what your saying but headbutts and low blows happen a lot in boxing, loaded gloves are a much more serious case for me than the other 2, they are getting Ortiz on intent based on what he said after the case, its like a fighter hitting someone low then saying after the fight 'my intent was for him not to father children anymore' boxers talk **** all the time, its what they do, i dont think a great rematch like this one should be affected by that.

Comment

If anyone should apologize its Cortez for allowing it to escalate that far. If I was reffing that fight I would've gave floyd a hard warning after the first elbow (probably the first round) and taken a point away for the second elbow.

He would've stopped that **** right then and there and if Ortiz continued to land bombs when floyd was on the rope than he was 1 punch away from hattoning him or a couple of punches away from a ref stoppage

Lets not forget that floyd wasn't throwing back on the ropes and refs can stop a fight if one fighter is defenseless.

Comment

you people are idiots, this is no different than a baseball manager coming out publically and admitting he told his pitcher to hit a guy. there's no fine or suspensions until the manager opens his ****** mouth about it (ozzie guillen)

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
              Shut the p h u ck UP!!!

Money was smiling at that motherp.hucker when he was winging those haymaker.

The ref wouldn't have had a chance to stop the fight anyway because Vicious bullgoated Money.
              So?

Margarito was smiling when Mosley KTFO and was smilling when Pac broke his ****in face in half

He still got his ass whooped

Comment

Berto and Ortiz should fight in San Jose, CA near where Berto trains and Mexican fans can support Ortiz...

Comment

So?

Margarito was smiling when Mosley KTFO and was smilling when Pac broke his ****in face in half

He still got his ass whooped
                  Mayweather and Margarito are two different people. And no, Margarito was not smiling when Pacquiao hurt him. He was only smiling in the first few rounds before he sustained any injuries. Ortiz didn't headbutt Mayweather because of the elbows, he headbutted Mayweather because most of his punches weren't landing. If you watch the combo before the headbutt you'll see that Ortiz threw two punches (a right hook and a left cross) that miss Mayweather completely and had him smiling. This infuriated Ortiz and he leaped in with his head.

Comment

Are they fucking serious? Clearly they don't know how much nonsense Ortiz is known to spew. Just let this one go...

Comment

What Kizer doesn't understand is that when he questions Ortiz on that comment he will literally be talking to a tree.

Comment

Working...
                      X