Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz Hit With License Issue Over 'Nose Break' Quote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    According to Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times, the Nevada State Athletic Commission will not issue Victor Ortiz a license to box in their state - until the former welterweight champion explains a controversial comment which he made in a recent video interview.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Good I'm glad to see this, it isn't as satisfying as a more sweeping action would have been after the fight but something’s better than nothing. Ortiz tried to inflict serious damage on Mayweather, and what we got after the fight was a ridiculous crescendo of the Pacquiao obsessed claiming it was Floyd that was dirty. I started to wonder if I was in Oz or someplace where up is down and down is up.

Its okay to not like someone but to openly wish for their harm, which could result in a career ending injury, is beyond the pale and antithetical to the spirit of the sport. For once I wish "fans" would stop trying to take every opportunity to hate on Floyd and instead hold someone else culpable for behavior unbecoming of the sport, just one frickin' time.

Ortiz should be held accountable for his actions and words.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      If anyone should apologize its Cortez for allowing it to escalate that far. If I was reffing that fight I would've gave floyd a hard warning after the first elbow (probably the first round) and taken a point away for the second elbow.

He would've stopped that **** right then and there and if Ortiz continued to land bombs when floyd was on the rope than he was 1 punch away from hattoning him or a couple of punches away from a ref stoppage

Lets not forget that floyd wasn't throwing back on the ropes and refs can stop a fight if one fighter is defenseless.
      Dude!!!!!

Comment

Ortiz should just STFU ... you cannot make those statements on a video tape.

Comment

When keepin it real goes bad

Comment

im a huge ortiz fan...... but lets be reality, that interview was just plain ****** and he should have never said that.... im sure schaefer and haymon will sort everything out

Comment

Lets not forget that floyd wasn't throwing back on the ropes and refs can stop a fight if one fighter is defenseless.
              DEFENSELESS, are you kidding me? Are you saying that Vicious was on his way to stopping Money?

I never call someone this EVER , but you sir are a NUTTHUGGER!!!!

Vicious was never on is way to even stopping Money. Sugar hurt Money more than Vicious ever did in thier fight and he couldn't even stop Money....How was Money defenseless?

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                DEFENSELESS, are you kidding me? Are you saying that Vicious was on his way to stopping Money?

Vicious was never on is way to even stopping Money. Sugar hurt Money more than Vicious ecer did in that fight and he couldn't even stop Money
                Check_Hooks knows what he is doing. He says dumb shit like this on purpose to piss people on the forum off.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post

Vicious was never on is way to even stopping Money. Sugar hurt Money more than Vicious ever did in thier fight and he couldn't even stop Money....How was Money defenseless?
                  It doesn't matter if he was was gonna stop him cuz the ref could jumped in and stopped it. Did you see the Alvarez vs Gomez fight? That was a bull**** stoppage. Or the Juanama vs Salido stoppage.

Ortiz had floyd running backwards with his guard up and his head over the top rope and not throwing anything back. Another 5-10 hard punches with only lik 2-3 getting thru and the ref could completely stop that fight. Refs have stopped fights for less

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
                    Check_Hooks knows what he is doing. He says dumb shit like this on purpose to piss people on the forum off.
                    Lmao r u serious man? Or are you still upset that you lost your account to my homie theprince?

Either way I hope you have a great new year!

Comment

Lmao r u serious man? Or are you still upset that you lost your account to my homie theprince?

Either way I hope you have a great new year!
                      Upset? Might be If I weren't replying to you from it.

Back at you brother, cant wait to see all the trolling you have planned for 2012.

Comment

Working...
                      X