Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez wants to fight Ward, and vice versa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful idea for a matchup. Ward is future P4P #1. Martinez is future victim #26. There is just something about SOG and what he brings to the table, I don't see Martinez giving him much issues. Making a weird catchweight could pose bigger issues. Would love to see Ward vs Cloud someday. Please!!!

Comment

Interesting fight but i think ward is just too much for sergio. ward is not pavlik or williams, he's 100 times better than those 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Sergio might hit harder.

I would lobe to see the fight.

164 or 165 sounds about right.

Speeds close.

I got Sergio #3 P4P

Ward #4

I would favor Ward.
        It would be a great fight at 164.5. Ward is not that big of a guy and since Serg is one of the smaller middleweights this fight makes since. Even in defeat Martinez doesn't lose his middleweight championship.

Comment

Rougher fight for Ward than people would think. Sergio is a much better fighter than Froch. He hasnt faced anyone like Martinez at 168. Serg vs Ward? I'll take it!! Ward by close decision with both of they tired as hell in the end. 115-113

Comment

Wow! LOVE this fight. Give me this, Marquez-Bradley, and Pac-May and I will call 2012 the best ever.

Comment

Where the fuk did this come from? I thought he was never fighting above 160 ever? Him and his promoters wouldn't shut up about it.
              If he can't get a catchweight with Ward, fight Bute then because he already said he's open to a 166 catchweight and it'd be a huge fight at the Bell Center.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Martinez fought at 147 and then 154 for most of his career.

Andre Ward has never fought below 160.

The size difference warrants a catch-weight.

Star power really has nothing to do with it.

Catch-weight's have been around for a long time

Perfectly said. You said it for me.

Comment

That catchweight would have to be very low for Martinez to have a chance. Ward will make Martinez look terrible if he isn't drained.

Comment

I don't mind catchweights THAT much. If a fighter gets suckered into it, that's his problem.

Sergio has exercised his mouth trying to coax smaller fighters out of their comfort zone into fighting him.

I hope I never read a post about him calling X smaller fighter coward because said fighter won't fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      Ward's inside game, body punching, with Martinez already having stamina issues...I could definitely see Ward stopping him. Maybe Martinez makes it a bit competitive, though I doubt that. I wish he would fight at 154 pounds, that way HBO can contemplate the possibility of him facing Cotto or Floyd, those match ups seem less viable when he's fighting at MW. Lara would have been a great opponent. Well I'm going off topic now...
                      I'll go a little off topic and agree with you on Martinez going back to 154. So many fights for him there, not even including Floyd or Pac who he continues to call out.

Comment

Working...
                      X