Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams: I Brought The Fight To Lara, While He Ran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paul Williams: I Brought The Fight To Lara, While He Ran

Former champion Paul Williams doesn't understand the repeated comments regarding junior middleweight Erislandy Lara being robbed in their July fight. Williams (40-2, 27KOs) won a close twelve round majority decision over Lara (15-1, 10KOs), with many believing the Cuban fighter had done enough to win the fight. The scores were 114-114, 116-114 and 115-114. Williams returns on February 18th against upset king Nobuhiro Ishida (24-6-2, 9KOs) of Japan. Lara fights a week earlier on February 11th against Ronald Hearns.

[Click Here To Read More]

Paul Willaims: I didn't land a punch on Lara, while he landed a ton...

Ya know what I'm sayin?

Comment

We don't believe you, you need more people.

Comment

It's funny, P-Willie is basically saying (and I'm a big fan of his) that Lara landed the harder, cleaner, more effective punches, yet he still says he won the fight? Wishful thinking Paul.

Comment

Is this guy for real? Lara smacked the **** out of you bro. Dayum Sergio really did leave you with long term brain damage.

Comment

Please stop bs, no need to post these. The Punisher lost, every single fan of the sport knows that.

Comment

lol

Paul is really trying to convince himself that he won that fight smh ... thar was robbery of the year! And there were many this year ... paul he land almost half his punches on you! Im sorry buddy but Lara schooled u pretty badly.... u lost .. u know it so does everybody else

Comment

Originally posted by Fballguy924 View Post
                It's funny, P-Willie is basically saying (and I'm a big fan of his) that Lara landed the harder, cleaner, more effective punches, yet he still says he won the fight? Wishful thinking Paul.
                he probably watched the calzaghe-hopkins fight and got that idea. that fight set a bad precedent for boxing but hey it worked because williams got the decision yay! the skillful art of throwing punches and not landing was rewarded yay!

Comment

There is NO doubt in My mind that I saw Lara winning that fight & I saw that fight a few times, as a matter of fact I thought Williams 1st fight against Sergio Martinez was a LOT closer that his fight against Lara & in that 1st fight against Martinez i saw Williams loose a close decision...
                  Last edited by Tomasio; 12-25-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I like you Paul but this is very embarrassing. Just work on your game.

Comment

Working...
                    X