Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    This leads me to my next question.

Who hits harder; Calzaghe or Ward?
    clearly calzaghe. 33 ko's against top notch talent. devastating stoppage wins over guys like sheika(sheika was punching him and the ref stopped it), byron mitchell(mitchell lost his balance while throwing and the ref stopped it) manfredo(has manfredo been the same since? he looks like a complete bum.) woodhall(the ref had wanted to go home and watch tv) and more!

Comment

Take a tuneup then bring your coked up ass out of retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        This leads me to my next question.

Who hits harder; Calzaghe or Ward?
        slow down buddy, ur way ahead of me there....

I'm still stuck on the issue of whether or not to call what Joe does "hitting."

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
          slow down buddy, ur way ahead of me there....

I'm still stuck on the issue of whether or not to call what Joe does "hitting."
          i don't know if you were around in 2008 when the calzaghe wars took place but you had mentals claiming calzaghe was a big puncher and the only reason he can't punch anymore is because he hurt his hands? obviously i would post videos of a young calzgahe getting slappy stoppages over and over. maybe they finally abandoned that view? hopefully not so i can post more vids. anyone? anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
            Joe lacked the balls
            Ward>>>calzaghe
            Joe didn't lack balls. He won a title off Chris Ubank while Britain was the centre of the world for super middle weight.
            While he was undisputed he refused to travel to the U.S.A to fight, and as a champion why should he have gone? How many times does Mayweather travel overseas to defend a title? How many times did Bernard Hopkins travel overseas to defend his titles?
            Why do you think a British champion needs to travel to defend his titles? The only reason they do it is to earn more money. Props to Joe for not selling out. Facts are none, or not many of the American fighters of the time were willing to come to the UK to fight because if they did they were coming to meet Ubank, Benn, Colins, Joe. Even the B list super middles were top notch, Henry Warton, Robin Reed.
            Last edited by nattieboy; 12-25-2011, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nattieboy View Post
              Joe didn't lack balls. He won a title off Chris Ubank while Britain was the centre of the world for super middle weight.
              While he was undisputed he refused to travel to the U.S.A to fight, and as a champion why should he have gone? How many times does Mayweather travel overseas to defend a title? How many times did Bernard Hopkins travel overseas to defend his titles?
              Why do you think a British champion needs to travel to defend his titles? The only reason they do it is to earn more money. Props to Joe for not selling out. Facts are none, or not many of the American fighters of the time were willing to come to the UK to fight. Ubank, Benn, Colins, Joe. Even the B list super middles were top notch, Henry Warton, Robin Reed.
              eubank was in the center of retirement. his glory days were long behind him.

because he was scared to fly. his own promoter said that was a load of sh-it though.

he doesn't have to. he can stay at home and fight bums all he wants but don't complain when you have a shi-tty legacy built on bums. he wouldn't even go to germany to fight #1 unified champ ottke so he's certainly not going to fight anyone good in the usa till they are made out of dust.

Comment

TBH i never was really a fan of Joe. I went to the Robin Reed fight and i honestly thought Robin won it.
                I must say though i find it a bit strange when a grown man gets such a hard on over another. You know, with the Av and the sig all anti Calzagi, what that all about then?
                Any fighter could have come to the UK to fight him, but they didn't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  clearly calzaghe. 33 ko's against top notch talent. devastating stoppage wins over guys like sheika(sheika was punching him and the ref stopped it), byron mitchell(mitchell lost his balance while throwing and the ref stopped it) manfredo(has manfredo been the same since? he looks like a complete bum.) woodhall(the ref had wanted to go home and watch tv) and more!
                  i don't know if you were around in 2008 when the calzaghe wars took place but you had mentals claiming calzaghe was a big puncher and the only reason he can't punch anymore is because he hurt his hands? obviously i would post videos of a young calzgahe getting slappy stoppages over and over. maybe they finally abandoned that view? hopefully not so i can post more vids. anyone? anyone?
                  eubank was in the center of retirement. his glory days were long behind him.

because he was scared to fly. his own promoter said that was a load of sh-it though.

he doesn't have to. he can stay at home and fight bums all he wants but don't complain when you have a shi-tty legacy built on bums. he wouldn't even go to germany to fight #1 unified champ ottke so he's certainly not going to fight anyone good in the usa till they are made out of dust.
                  Big D still ripping it up

Comment

You're even sadder because you're just copying him!

Comment

Originally posted by nattieboy View Post
                      TBH i never was really a fan of Joe. I went to the Robin Reed fight and i honestly thought Robin won it.
                      I must say though i find it a bit strange when a grown man gets such a hard on over another. You know, with the Av and the sig all anti Calzagi, what that all about then?
                      Any fighter could have come to the UK to fight him, but they didn't want to.
                      and he could have came to america but he didn't want to because he didn't want to lose. joe was the one complaining about not getting the big fights while sitting on his ass fighting bums at home. if he wanted the big fights he should have tried to make them but instead he just complained. no one good is gonna come over and fight an unpopular guy who has no credibility because he only fights bums. you think gamboa or juanma are going over to indonesia to fight chris john? it's the same dynamic. why did narvaez come to the usa and figth donaire and not the other way around? hmmm narvaez was undefeated and had a billion title defenses he should have demanded donaire come to him or no fight! the calzaghe way!

Comment

Working...
                      X