If Floyd and Manny fight May 5th and Floyd dominates he is top 15 atg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kadyo View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking LOL.
    head to head i dont think its close because i favor mayweather at all of the weights they fought at.

but pacquiao definitely has accomplished more in his career and while i may not agree with all of his recent accomplishments, he's done more than floyd and most other greats. i give him props.

but overall skill, he's just not on mayweathers level. if anything is the deciding factor for me, it's defense. and that goes to floyd hands down

Comment

• Originally posted by gauze View Post
      head to head i dont think its close because i favor mayweather at all of the weights they fought at.

but pacquiao definitely has accomplished more in his career and while i may not agree with all of his recent accomplishments, he's done more than floyd and most other greats. i give him props.

but overall skill, he's just not on mayweathers level. if anything is the deciding factor for me, it's defense. and that goes to floyd hands down
      We will see, hope the fight happens.

BTW, I thought JMM beat pac by 2 rounds in the rubber match but it doesn't mean floyd will win against pac that easy. This is a very intriguing fight but may be a boring one in favor of floyd, nobody really knows until it happens.

Hindsight is a 20/20 vision.

Comment

• Originally posted by kadyo View Post
        We will see, hope the fight happens.

BTW, I thought JMM beat pac by 2 rounds in the rubber match but it doesn't mean floyd will win against pac that easy. This is a very intriguing fight but may be a boring one in favor of floyd, nobody really knows until it happens.

Hindsight is a 20/20 vision.
        i dont think mayweather would totally blow him out. 116-112ish. i dont see mayweather stopping him unless its on cuts. boring, maybe...but there would be some action because pacquiao has so much heart.

if pacquiao can't get him out early, mayweather wins. i think mayweathers body punching would slow pacquiao down too much for him to do anything late

Comment

• you probably couldn't name half of the 15 greatest boxers ever

and if you seriously think a win over manny pacquiao at WW makes floyd a top 15 atg you are being foolish

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
            He will unify the Wbc and Wbo and win the ring belt yet again which will make him a 8 time champion(couldve been 9 if you count the Mosley fight)..look how his resume would look

Manny-hof
            Ortiz
            Oscar-hof
            Mosley-hof
            Hatton
            Jmm-hof
            Corrales
            Castillo
            Judah
            Hernendez
            Gatti

8 time champion in 5 divisions

wins over 4 1st ballot hof's

43-0...seriously how could you deny him?
            Oscar, SSM, Hatton, JMM you can take off Floyds resume as they were either old, bloated, or referee helped Floyd to win.
            Pacs already up there. If Floyd beats Pac it wont put him that much higher. Floyd dont do much for Pac as well.
            Sorry did u say if FLOYd DOMINATES pac. Well i suppose Floyd then deserves some acclaim for dominating Pac and put him top 15. Some people desperate for Floyd to get some recognition, well ok then if it makes you happy.
            But Pac would still be higher ATG wise. If Floyd were to rematch Pac and same result again, and beats Sergio, then Floyd would be comparable to Pac. That may sound harsh to floyd on the surface, but Pacs wins over Morales by stoppage, Barrera, Ko of Hatton, Cotto has just put Pac that much in front of Floyd. Floyd has a lot of catchup to do.
            Last edited by hugh grant; 12-21-2011, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              you probably couldn't name half of the 15 greatest boxers ever

and if you seriously think a win over manny pacquiao at WW makes floyd a top 15 atg you are being foolish
              where both guys arent fighting at their best weight, i would give both credit for what they've done at 147. more credit for pacquiao than mayweather if he won the fight. its not like pacquiao has just been scraping by with his wins against bums. maybe guys past prime and worn out, but certainly not bums.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
                oh god, palying it safe like usual...before we go any further, who has the better resume at ww , pac or floyd?...no neeutral ****...
                At welter they are probably equal.....but Pacquiao's golden resume is in the featherweights.

Now about this thread....I'd put Floyd in along the 30's or low 40's if he beat Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
                  not sayin floyd is not an atg but ive yet to read/hear of him being called one by a credible historian or analysts tbh....
                  Because according to all the *****s, they dont know "s" about boxing are nothing but haters that started watching boxing 2 years ago.

Comment

• he rather be in jail..this guy sucks has nothing going for him outside of boxing..wtf wife beater no respect...rott in prison..

Comment

• I think its a real shame that even Mayweather fans have given in to these so called experts on here to keep from conflict. The reality is that Floyd is probably the best fighter of the past thirty years and to **** him on an ATG list just doesnt make sense. Nobody's ever seen anything like it and probably wont for a long time. I am not easily impressed with fighters nor am I obsessed with Floyd but its no denying skills. For those of you that say "He's only about the money", You're fukin right its about the money and boxing always has been. Which fighter do you know of that dared to be great for free? Willingly that is. I'll wait................If it was any other humble fighter with that same resume and the 0 everyone would be kissing his ass.

Damn, Who wants to become president and still work a part time job at Costco to make ends meet.

Comment

Working...
                      X