Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bute VS Froch: Whats Your Take?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sold on Bute. His best win is against old man Johnson. Other then that his resume is filled with a who's who of NOBODIES. He really should of lost by KO against Andrade but he was in Montreal and the hometown ref Marlon Wright saved him by stopping while Bute was down and not able to get up and telling Andrade to go back to his corner even though Andrade was far away. Hometown cooking at its finest. If a brawler like Andrade can get to Bute then Froch who has some pretty good boxing skills can get to him. I'd take Froch by KO or TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      you think froch hits harder than andrade?
      Froch isn't really a massive puncher, he's just relentless. So if he goes for someone like Bute in the last 3 rounds and Lucian's defence isn't tight, then Froch could get him out of there.

Comment

its a very close fight I'm biased so I pick Froch

Comment

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
          I'm not sold on Bute. His best win is against old man Johnson. Other then that his resume is filled with a who's who of NOBODIES. He really should of lost by KO against Andrade but he was in Montreal and the hometown ref Marlon Wright saved him by stopping while Bute was down and not able to get up and telling Andrade to go back to his corner even though Andrade was far away. Hometown cooking at its finest. If a brawler like Andrade can get to Bute then Froch who has some pretty good boxing skills can get to him. I'd take Froch by KO or TKO.
          yeah he should have lost to andrade but he is more technically sound than froch and he has good power im leaning a close d for bute in neutral territory

Comment

you think froch hits harder than andrade?
            One thing you can't argue is that Bute was exhausted in the 12th round. Berrio, Bika, Miranda all hit as hard (probably harder imo) than Froch and Zuniga and Johnson around the same and none were able to faze Bute at all. People expecting Bute to fall apart when Froch lands are going to be disappointed if they actually fight.

Bute's superior boxing ability, shorter punches, handspeed are all going to present the same problems Ward did for him and Bute is the hardest puncher at 168 imo. His timing and counterpunching is arguably even better than Ward's and Bute will make him miss and pay just like Ward.

Comment

Froch needs to make it an ugly fight against Bute, grind him down and take his legs away. The only true strength Bute has is his speed, u take that away and he'll be forced to stand and trade, and that's where Froch can do the most damage. I think he's gonna need to develop his inside game more. Froch's keys to victory: inside fighting, combination punching, aim for the body, and his stamina needs to be there for all 12 rds. He can't take any rounds off.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                Froch isn't really a massive puncher, he's just relentless. So if he goes for someone like Bute in the last 3 rounds and Lucian's defence isn't tight, then Froch could get him out of there.
                yeah your right i wish froch would have worked wards body more last night. im thinking froch bute would have great body punching

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  One thing you can't argue is that Bute was exhausted in the 12th round. Berrio, Bika, Miranda all hit as hard (probably harder imo) than Froch and Zuniga and Johnson around the same and none were able to faze Bute at all. People expecting Bute to fall apart when Froch lands are going to be disappointed if they actually fight.

Bute's superior boxing ability, shorter punches, handspeed are all going to present the same problems Ward did for him and Bute is the hardest puncher at 168 imo. His timing and counterpunching is arguably even better than Ward's and Bute will make him miss and pay just like Ward.
                  train of thought im coming from for this fight. what i do give froch is tenacity and hes fought and beaten better opposition

Comment

yeah he should have lost to andrade but he is more technically sound than froch and he has good power im leaning a close d for bute in neutral territory
                    This has become overstated. Wright was definitely in the way WAY too much before the knockdown but Bute beat the count even with the stupid neutral corner stuff and there wasn't really enough time left for Andrade to finish. Bute survived a tough finish and if Wright stayed out of the way, maybe it ends, but Bute probably had enough to avoid a ten count either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post

He won't fall apart from a few shots. However, if Froch can draw him into an extended war (very possible given where the holes are in Bute's defense) than it becomes about accumulated punishment. That's a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X