Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Ward is Not a Puncher, But Physically He's Strong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch: Ward is Not a Puncher, But Physically He's Strong

Before their fight on Saturday night, former champion Carl Froch taunted Andre Ward about his punching power. After twelve rounds of action at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, Ward won a twelve round unanimous decision over Froch to win the Super Six Boxing Classic and to unify the WBC/WBA titles. After the fight, Froch told BoxingScene.com that Ward is not a big puncher, but physically he's a very strong fighter and has the ability to push you around the ring.

[Click Here To Read More]

Great Sportsmanship by Carl Froch. He'll come back to beast on the rest of the 168lbs division.

Comment

Can people stop with the honorary praises to Froch for not making excuses for his loss? That's what fighters are supposed to do in spite of the contrary happening a lot lately. It's something to be encouraged but dam why does the whole comment board have to be riddled with "good job Froch" comments rather than the other things he talked about? lol

Comment

I agree. It's one of Ward's most underrated attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
          Can people stop with the honorary praises to Froch for not making excuses for his loss? That's what fighters are supposed to do in spite of the contrary happening a lot lately. It's something to be encouraged but dam why does the whole comment board have to be riddled with "good job Froch" comments rather than the other things he talked about? lol
          Because his countryman Khan has been crying non stop about his decision loss so it's nice to see a fighter act like he's supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Because his countryman Khan has been crying non stop about his decision loss so it's nice to see a fighter act like he's supposed to.
            Khan aint worth blotting out an entire spectrum of possible discussion.

Comment

Jim Watt kept saying "Ward is the stronger man inside, forching Froch back. We all thought it would be the other way around"

I kept saying to my friend "I didn't".

I did not for one second think Froch would be the stronger man inside. I knew Ward woudl control the fight on the inside and the outside.

Comment

Same with Pernell Whitaker, he wasn't the best puncher but physically, even for a little guy, he was extremely strong.

Comment

It's about sportsmanship, and finally Froch gives credit where it's due. Maybe Khan should follow suit

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Jim Watt kept saying "Ward is the stronger man inside, forching Froch back. We all thought it would be the other way around"

I kept saying to my friend "I didn't".

I did not for one second think Froch would be the stronger man inside. I knew Ward woudl control the fight on the inside and the outside.
                    Alot of it comes down to technique, Ward knows how to fight inside, get leverage, move you around. Froch post fight said he doesn't train inside fighting in sparring. Froch would throw wide punches, miss while Ward stepped out of the way and Froch would completely fall off balance.

Comment

Working...
                    X