Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre ward is the total package

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is too methodical, that's why. He is the Klitschko of 168, in his own way.

Dominant but you're not gonna get a surprise out of him, the occasional Floyd-Gatti snuff film. Everything is gonna be more like Floyd-Baldomir.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      He is too methodical, that's why. He is the Klitschko of 168, in his own way.

Dominant but you're not gonna get a surprise out of him, the occasional Floyd-Gatti snuff film. Everything is gonna be more like Floyd-Baldomir.
      Yes exactly

After watching him not being able to KO a DONE drained Green, i have lost all hope

Comment

He reminds me of Bernard Hopkins in his late 30's using the art of clinching and inside game but obviously has less power.

Comment

Another guy with very little power that still dominates his opponents is Anselmo Moreno.

He toyed with the "crowd pleasing" knockout puncher Vic Darchinyan. But never really hurt him.

It's good that boxing has room for different styles.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Another guy with very little power that still dominates his opponents is Anselmo Moreno.

He toyed with the "crowd pleasing" knockout puncher Vic Darchinyan. But never really hurt him.

It's good that boxing has room for different styles.
            He had Darch rocked pretty good a couple times. Most hurt he'd been since Donaire.

Comment

Really sound guy fundamentally but one thing that is kind of tough to watch is that he is always squared up with his feet... He can't really move/dance and attack at the same time like some guys.. Missing a bit of fluidity... A bit of a stalker in some ways but a fine fighter regardless

Comment

I agree with everything except the part about him being arguably more versatile and skilled than Floyd. He pretty much emulates the way Floyd and Bernard fight, so to say he's more fundamentally skilled than either of them is a bit overstated. Ward is one hell of a fighter, and I'm definitely looking forward to see him fight again in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  He had Darch rocked pretty good a couple times. Most hurt he'd been since Donaire.
                  Ok, should have said he never dropped him. I'd argue that Ward rocked the iron-chinned Froch a few times too.

Vic mentioned after that fight how he was frustrated by Moreno ducking repeatedly. Kind of similar to Froch's comments tonight about having difficulty with Ward getting low and slipping/sliding.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    lack of pop, clinch style, dull boring crowds when he fights..

Put him in Vegas vs Bute
                    And you don't think the crowd for a Bute Ward fight in Vegas wouldn't be dull and boring?

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                      So why do I find him so painful to watch??? He does everything well. I dare say he's probably more skilled technically and more versatile than floyd mayweather. But there's something about his game that I cant quite identify that just puts me off so much that it makes me feel like im watching a sloppy fight even though technically everything is on point.

stopped reading right there. not to mention this clown is a floyd hater so the entire posts fails being that its clear Ward grew up watching and emulating Mayweather

makes no sense that one could be a fan of Ward as a fighter but not Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X