• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum to Pacquiao: Be the President

Arum to Pacquiao: Be the President
    By Abac Cordero (The Philippine Star) Updated December 17, 2011 12:00 AM

Bob Arum with Manny Pacquiao
    | Zoom
    MANILA, Philippines - Bob Arum wished Manny Pacquiao all the best as the world’s greatest fighter of this generation celebrates his 33rd birthday today.

“I wish Manny a long and happy life,” said Arum over the phone yesterday.

“I wish him great career in his remaining years in boxing and I wish him a great political career,” added the Top Rank chief.

Arum turned 80 more than a week ago, and he’s hoping Pacquiao would live a life as long as his.

“Yeah,” he said.

Unfortunately, Arum won’t be around when Pacquiao holds his grand birthday bash in General Santos City tonight.

Arum, always around for the big party, is in Denver where his wife, Lovee, just underwent an operation.

He said he had to stay with her, and added that there’s nothing to worry because the operation went “remarkably well.”

“I couldn’t come this time,” he said.

Back to Pacquiao, Arum said boxing’s biggest draw has a great future ahead of him – in and out of the ring.

“If everything goes well he really has a great chance of becoming the President of the Philippines. I really believe seeing that down the road,” Arum said.

“When he’s already a man in his forties, he’d be a more mature politician. And that’s still 10 years from now.”

Arum can make a great campaign manager.

If and when that day comes.

I hope not. That would be a joke.

Comment

I'd vote for him....

Comment

The hell with worrying about Manny's fake politics career -- Worry about making the fight with Mayweather.

If Arum spent just a fraction of the time pursuing fight negotiations with Mayweather's Team, instead of trying to guide Manny's political career, Bull****ting the public and the media with pure nonsense and outright lying ....

The fight would be on!!!!!

Comment

Can Pacquiao run for president? "It depends on my promoter, Bob Arum."

Comment

Working...
          X