No announcement yet.

Immature boxing fans can take a lesson from MMA fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
    Are you kidding me man? MMA fans are far worse. This coming from a guy that came here from tons of different mma forums because the "hardcore" mma fan base is a piece of shit.
    Are you kidding me? Look at some of the threads and posts here I see racism and clear hate on fighters I don't see respect from a lot of posters here. Sure on MMA forums similar things happen but they get banned for less than what some people do here. Boxing and MMA have good fans too though

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
      I do have a question pertaining to this particular subject. As boxing fans we tend to think like coaches in a fight. We study everything from the punching power, technique, speed, style, stamina,footwork etc. We all as fans have theories on what will work in a fight and even have mapped out theories on possible gameplans for fight night. My question is do mma fans think like this or are they just general theories of ground game vs stand up or wrestling vs brazilian jiu jitsu etc?
      In mma there alot more variables that tend to make gameplans just big generalizations and force fighters to adapt in the cage/ring mid-fight. Which is why most fights look sloppy.

For something as simple as say a grappler vs grappler fight. Do you roll the dice feeling your grappling ability is that superior? Or do you stand up and see who's more well rounded. If your grappling ability is marginally superior how far do you push for a finish???? Because all the explosions in energy to gain advantage in position and attempt submissions might be better used to throw that extra combination down the stretch in a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
        any thoughts ?

Yeah...there is some rank stupidity goes on on this forum.

But it's not for you to talk about.

When ur sport is 3000 years old, then come and lecture us. Until then, you can stow that ****.

Boxing dates back to millennia BC.

I'm older than UFC

nuff' said.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post

When ur sport is 3000 years old, then come and lecture us. Until then, you can stow that ****.

I'm older than UFC

nuff' said.
          You're an idiot. The boxing that dates back to millenia bc and mma today are virtually indistinguishable. It wasnt until the turn of the 1900s that boxing started to resemble what it does today. So get off the high horse until you get a real education on the sport you claim to love.

Comment

I'm older than UFC

nuff' said.

Pankration ....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration "MMA" has been there for a while.......

(BTW MMA IS NOT ONLY UFC .....)

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              the ufc only accepts the best mma fighters in the world. if you suck you get cut. do people get cut in boxing? no they get title shot after title shot(judah)
              Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                You're an idiot. The boxing that dates back to millenia bc and mma today are virtually indistinguishable. It wasnt until the turn of the 1900s that boxing started to resemble what it does today. So get off the high horse until you get a real education on the sport you claim to love.
                First of all, anybody who's need for approval compels them to post a ten thousand dollar receipt on the internetz should refrain from name calling. Just sayin'...

Next: you can get down off your own pony. I'm thinking that you're referring to the Marquis of Queensbruy rules talking about the 1900's. Ok. After consulting wiki seems that it's late 1800s. Close enough

What you refer to as indistinguishable I'm thinking are the Egyptian carvings of combat sports? That's what I've heard of. Bet it looks like boxing more than it looks like two guys humping...

Comment

First of all, anybody who's need for approval compels them to post a ten thousand dollar receipt on the internetz should refrain from name calling. Just sayin'...

Next: you can get down off your own pony. I'm thinking that you're referring to the Marquis of Queensbruy rules talking about the 1900's. Ok. After consulting wiki seems that it's late 1800s. Close enough

What you refer to as indistinguishable I'm thinking are the Egyptian carvings of combat sports? That's what I've heard of. Bet it looks like boxing more than it looks like two guys humping...
                  Yes marquis of queensbury was instated in the late 1800s. It wasnt until early 1900s it became the exclusive rules of boxing. Ever heard of john l. Sullivan??? his bare knuckle figjts have been well chronicles to include kicking, hitting and stomping opponents while down, and all the holds and clinches that would make ricky hatton look like a saint. And that was as recently as the late 1800s.

And as far as your 2nd ****phobic claim the earliest greek olympics in what was the earliest semblance to boxing, fighters didnt fight in rounds or knockdowns. They fought to the death...buttass naked.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                    Yes marquis of queensbury was instated in the late 1800s. It wasnt until early 1900s it became the exclusive rules of boxing. Ever heard of john l. Sullivan??? his bare knuckle figjts have been well chronicles to include kicking, hitting and stomping opponents while down, and all the holds and clinches that would make ricky hatton look like a saint. And that was as recently as the late 1800s.

And as far as your 2nd ****phobic claim the earliest greek olympics in what was the earliest semblance to boxing, fighters didnt fight in rounds or knockdowns. They fought to the death...buttass naked.

Boy, ur pissed off ain'tcha? Next ur gonna' call me racist. When all else fails I guess...

Lol ok... Yes I've heard of John L Sullivan and bareknuckle fights that lasted many many rounds. Yes I'm aware of the Greeks started the Olympics and combat sports were a part of that. As I said the Egyptians were having combat sports quite awhile back as well and probably the Sumerians were I to give enough of a **** to look it up. For that matter the Chinese were probably doing some kind of competitive spectator kung fu at least as far back as the Greeks and Egyptians or farther. So what?

I still think that it's pretty lame for some dumbass mma fan to come on a boxing fan website and talk smack about "immature boxing fans", and as a boxing fan on a boxing fan website I'm not gonna' listen to some faux intellectual tell me I can't verbally slap em' around a bit.

Got it?

Comment

MMA fans can be total arseholes, especially on Sherdog. Im a huge MMA fan but id sooner give my thoughts on smaller forums or this one.

But i do agree that boxers get a **** load of stick for losing.

Comment

Working...
                      X