Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immature boxing fans can take a lesson from MMA fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what should boxing fans appreciate though? great matchups like broner-some tomato can, chavez jr-manfredo, canelo-mathew hatton, etc...this is garbage. in the ufc they only have 1 champ per division and the champ fights a top guy every time out and the other contenders fight to get a shot. how can you not love that. boxing is like hmmmm should we fight the number 1 ranked guy or some bum who the wbc thankfully put in the top 15 just for us to beat on? well hbo is paying us a million dollars so we can't lose! bum are you ready to rumble!

then you got floyd mayweather who is the cherry picking saint of boxing and he's supposed to be the biggest star? doomed....

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
      The immaturity on this forum is absurd .

Sometimes i dont know if some of you guys are actually serious or purposely acting brainless .

Fact = majority of boxing fans dont appreciate NOTHING .
      You see guys most mma fans have created a culture

IN WHICH LOSING AINT THAT BAD .
      These guys dont care about wins and losses as much as good fights .

Too many times ive seen this forums absolutely shred a boxer that loses a match calling him " BUM , TRASH , JANITOR , HE WAS NEVER GOOD , OVERATED , he doesnt belong on ppv no more ETC......

You guys have no respect for fighters when they lose . Its like you have to be a perfect record god for guys to applaud you ..............

I like how in MMA YOU CAN HAVE A GUY WITH 12 LOSSES AND WHO JUST LOST BY KO IN HIS LAST MATCH .. STILL HAVE STRONG FAN SUPPORT .

iF SITUATION WAS SWITCHED BOXING FANS WOULD be yelling he needs to retire fawkin bum .

Guys like silva , coleman , rampage have all been viciously knocked out and suffered consecutive losses ,...... and still went on to become stars in the ufc FAN RESPECT AND SUPPORT .

Guys like Paul williams suffer a ko loss AND FANS PRACTICALLY SURROUND HIM WITH BURNING TORCHES AND BURY HIM .

THINK ABOUT THIS = WE HAVE CREATED A ATMOSPHERE IN WHICH LOSING A BOXING MATCH MEANS THE END OF THE WORLD AND YOUR CAREER . MAYBE THATS A HUGE REASON WHY NO ONE WANTS TO FIGHT EACH OTHER

I think were the ONLY SPORT that gives a fawk so much about undefeated fighters

any thoughts ?
      Very well put.

Comment

MMA fans are incredibly immature. The reason they allow losses is because they don't even know anything about the sport they follow. They just sit there, watch, wait for something to happen then react accordingly. They're practically motion sensitive.

The second reason they allow losses? BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY 300 FIGHTERS IN THE UFC AS OPPOSED TO 20,000 IN BOXING. If they started counting losses they wouldn't have any fighters left.

The third reason is like the first. They don't know how to pay attention to their own sport. They need to be told how to think by hype and promotion. Brock is finished one day, yet the moment the promo and hype again starts suddenly they all love him again. Those guys aren't fans of MMA, they're just looking for something to occupy their time.

Comment

Oh, and go post this same topic in reverse about boxing on Sherdog and see what kind of reply you get. You'll either be banned or get a 60 page thread full of morons posting funny gifs of "u mad brah?" since they can't conjure up their own comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
            I do have a question pertaining to this particular subject. As boxing fans we tend to think like coaches in a fight. We study everything from the punching power, technique, speed, style, stamina,footwork etc. We all as fans have theories on what will work in a fight and even have mapped out theories on possible gameplans for fight night. My question is do mma fans think like this or are they just general theories of ground game vs stand up or wrestling vs brazilian jiu jitsu etc?
            I see what u mean. I train in Brazilian Jiujitsu myself(also done some kickboxing in the past..) and im an hardore mma fan. I dont only watch fights to see 2 guys brawling like idiots(although it can be entertaining sometimes....) , but i also like to analyze their technique especially when the fight hits the ground as sometime it can give me ideas in in own training. Whether its boxing or mma , there's nothing better than watching 2 high level technical guys going at it.

Comment

LOL, i like both boxing and MMA. I go to a certain MMA site and its the same thing.

Comment

most annoying boxer

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                  MMA fans are incredibly immature. The reason they allow losses is because they don't even know anything about the sport they follow. They just sit there, watch, wait for something to happen then react accordingly. They're practically motion sensitive.

The second reason they allow losses? BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY 300 FIGHTERS IN THE UFC AS OPPOSED TO 20,000 IN BOXING. If they started counting losses they wouldn't have any fighters left.

The third reason is like the first. They don't know how to pay attention to their own sport. They need to be told how to think by hype and promotion. Brock is finished one day, yet the moment the promo and hype again starts suddenly they all love him again. Those guys aren't fans of MMA, they're just looking for something to occupy their time.
                  the ufc only accepts the best mma fighters in the world. if you suck you get cut. do people get cut in boxing? no they get title shot after title shot(judah)

Comment

Are you kidding me man? MMA fans are far worse. This coming from a guy that came here from tons of different mma forums because the "hardcore" mma fan base is a piece of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      what should boxing fans appreciate though? great matchups like broner-some tomato can, chavez jr-manfredo, canelo-mathew hatton, etc...this is garbage. in the ufc they only have 1 champ per division and the champ fights a top guy every time out and the other contenders fight to get a shot. how can you not love that. boxing is like hmmmm should we fight the number 1 ranked guy or some bum who the wbc thankfully put in the top 15 just for us to beat on? well hbo is paying us a million dollars so we can't lose! bum are you ready to rumble!

then you got floyd mayweather who is the cherry picking saint of boxing and he's supposed to be the biggest star? doomed....

It's a history thing. Years ago there wasn't nearly as much money in boxing as there is today so boxers needed to run the big fights to get a big payday and there were enough big fighters in the mix where you didn't have to wait for a fight to build suspense. Nowadays, (nearly) everyone wants the big payday and wants to build themselves up all while teasing big matchup "When it's right.". Now with money negotiations, promoter wars and all these obsessions about making the maximum amount of money, nobody wants to risk losing because HBO will put them on tv against a bum and they get a nice low risk pay day all while setting up a big fight that may not happen.

UFC will get there. Think about it, MMA is about 20 years, even younger if we count from when it became the sport we see today and a not a free-for-all. The sport is growing but not too big that you can't fit everyone under one roof. Watch in 30 years, I bet we'll see the sport splinter into various different organizations with champions who won't fight each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X