No announcement yet.

who's greater joe calzaghe or winky wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    While we're debating how much more better each of those wins are, please note Calzaghe is just banking rounds. Close or not, those are better wins. Again we've gone through their top three. Is McKart next? I suspect you'll be surprised how many more rounds Calzaghe is going to bank.
    He's not banking rounds though considering most of them are too close to call.

Hence why the 'signifcant' is the problem.

The story of this fight is most of the rounds are close rounds that's why it's so hard to give a significant victor.

The only reason we have a winner at the end is because of 1 or 2 clear rounds where quality work was done.

Most of the rounds sloppy, and hard to score.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He's not banking rounds though considering most of them are two close to call.

Hence why the 'signifcant' is the problem.

The story of this fight is most of the rounds are close rounds that's why it's so hard to give a significant victor.

The only reason we have a winner at the end is because of 1 or 2 clear rounds where quality work was done.

Most of the rounds sloppy, and hard to score.
      Rounds may be competitive but they are all in Calzaghe's favor. It's round four, who's up?

Comment

Rounds may be competitive but they are all in Calzaghe's favor. It's round four, who's up?
        They're not all in his favour.

Most are dead even and could go either way.

Infact, there's only 1 big round.

Even the other round Joe started strong, Winky came back to argubaly win.

Moral of the story is the fight is relatively close.

Comment

They're not all in his favour.

Most are dead even and could go either way.

Infact, there's only 1 big round.

Even the other round Joe started strong, Winky came back to argubaly win.

Moral of the story is the fight is relatively close.
          It's a long fight. You agreed that while two rounds were close, you had given all three to Calzaghe. It's round four. Who is up?

Comment

It's a long fight. You agreed that while two rounds were close, you had given all three to Calzaghe. It's round four. Who is up?

All I know is it's 7-5.

And not by any means significant.

I'm off to sleep

Comment

All I know is it's 7-5.

And not by any means significant.

I'm off to sleep
              8-4. This fight is postponed till later . Later, man.

Comment

• how can you not count winkys win over vargas? that is better than anything calzaghe ever did in his life. because they robbed him it doesn't count but because calzaghe robbed hopkins that win counts? messed up world.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  well he was either washed up or never very good because he was losing to guys like schommer, costa, and ray close long before he fought calzaghe but getting gifts.
                  Eubank was good, very good (he would say 'thimphy the beshte') but I don't think you go through 6 bouts with Nigel Benn, Michael Watson and Steve Collins without putting a few miles on the clock so to speak.

Comment

• too much hatred towards joe..

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      how can you not count winkys win over vargas? that is better than anything calzaghe ever did in his life. because they robbed him it doesn't count but because calzaghe robbed hopkins that win counts? messed up world.
                      Are you still on about Hopkins?

Bernard is a steroid abusing, injury faking, head butting-cheater. Weve seen him pull the same bullsht he did with Zags with RJJ and Dawson. He couldnt fight Joe STRAIGHT UP so he resorted to cheap parlor tricks.

Calzaghe is the onlty fighter to completely nullify Bernards Bullsht and you know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X