Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    8-4 is significant enough for me.
    8-4 is too wide.

Harold Lederman had a Mayweather-Chavez Round 1 moment and scored one of the clear rounds for Winky to Calzaghe for aggression.

Julie had it 7-5.

Comment

• Originally posted by starjammer View Post
      The list provided by and compiled by Ring ****zine (thering-online.com) are listed from Top placement to the 10th placement. At the bottom of the list we've provided a link to the Top fighters as ranked by Ring ****zine for each Weight Division. You can Check out the Top fighters for each division for the period ending June 9, 2008.

For Period Ended June 9, 2008
      POUND-FOR-POUND Top 10
      1.) MANNY PACQUIAO
      2.) JOE CALZAGHE
      3.) JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ
      4.) BERNARD HOPKINS
      5.) ISRAEL VAZQUEZ
      6.) MIGUEL COTTO
      7.) KELLY PAVLIK
      8.) CRISTIAN MIJARES
      9.) RAFAEL MARQUEZ
      10.) IVAN CALDERON.
      I must have missed that issue of the ****zine, I stand corrected. But he was ranked #3 very soon after that - see here. Marquez must have been promoted above him when he won the lineal Lightweight title against Casamayor. He certainly wasn't ranked higher than #3 for more than a couple of months or so.

Anyway my main point was that no serious rankings ever ranked him #1, only fanboys did that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        8-4 is too wide.

Harold Lederman had a Mayweather-Chavez Round 1 moment and scored one of the clear rounds for Winky to Calzaghe for aggression.

Julie had it 7-5.
        Not wide at all. Already listed three names bigger than Wright's top three. Again, w can keep going. Who else does Winky have? Bronco McKart and?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
          I must have missed that issue of the ****zine, I stand corrected. But he was ranked #3 very soon after that - see here. Marquez must have been promoted above him when he won the lineal Lightweight title against Casamayor. He certainly wasn't ranked higher than #3 for more than a couple of months or so.

Anyway my main point was that no serious rankings ever ranked him #1, only fanboys did that.
          I can certainly agree on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
            When Winky reaches 21 consecutive title defenses give me a call.
            are you still pretending like thats a great accomplishment especially when sven ottke did the very same thing in the very same division at the very same time?

Comment

How about Calzaghe? Lacy, washed up Eubank, Robin Reid, Omar Shieka, and a few other decent-solid wins at best.

See what I'm trying to say?
              Eubank wasn't at all washed up. He was not that far from his prime.

Comment

well he was either washed up or never very good because he was losing to guys like schommer, costa, and ray close long before he fought calzaghe but getting gifts.

Comment

In 1997 Chris Eubank was well removed from his prime.

Eubank hadn't won a legit fight in years at 168 when he fought Calzaghe. And was having life and death fights with average fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Not wide at all. Already listed three names bigger than Wright's top three. Again, w can keep going. Who else does Winky have? Bronco McKart and?
                    We've been over this.

Hopkins and Kessler are hardly better than Winky's 2 wins over Mosley.

The rest are just an amassment of average-poor wins.

Better? Yes.

Significantly? No.

Nothing has been brought to the table to refute the 7-5 clear but relatively close win for Calzaghe.

Comment

We've been over this.

Hopkins and Kessler are hardly better than Winky's 2 wins over Mosley.

The rest are just an amassment of average-poor wins.

Better? Yes.

Significantly? No.

Nothing has been brought to the table to refute the 7-5 clear but relatively close win for Calzaghe.
                      While we're debating how much more better each of those wins are, please note Calzaghe is just banking rounds. Close or not, those are better wins. Again we've gone through their top three. Is McKart next? I suspect you'll be surprised how many more rounds Calzaghe is going to bank.

Comment

Working...
                      X