Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: J. Mayweather: Khan Overrated, He’s a Glorified Amateur

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and that is what you call an "E-KO". . . owned this fool trying to make assumptions about me not even knowing me or my situation. . . lol. . . and there will NEVER be a "college bubble burst" for specialized jobs like attorneys, dr.'s, engineers, etc. . .

you're talking about "******* arts" degrees that are a dime a dozen from crappy universities that have no standards to get accepted into.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      He wasn't fighting like a amateur when he ktfo Judah who a prime floyd went life and death with and got a gift decision because the blind ref missed the KD
      I think he was.....he was throwing punches, running in and pushing off most of the night......just like against Malinaggi.

With that said, I HONESTLY think that he can beat Mayweather with that hit and run style because Floyd doesn't chase anyone. He'll pitty-pat Floyd's arms and chest then run, which means there won't be anything for Floyd to counter.
      Last edited by Mike Haynes; 12-14-2011, 04:03 PM.

Comment

not reading the article, but just by the title alone...he's spot on.

khan can't seem to stick to a game plan when he starts getting hit in the mouth. he may turn the tide after a few rounds, but there's whole chunks of his fights that he gives away cuz he loses his game plan completely. he doesn't really adjust, he just goes back to the plan, then usually loses it again.

he's getting some seasoning with some of these tough fights with lamont and maidana, but really most of his career was him vs highly highly overmatched opponents. come on, a small slowed down pauly, ancient MAB, that irish guy was the worst boxer I've even seen on my tv. he's just had an easy/charmed boxing life.

we'll see how he turns out, if he has the heart to make it through these kinds of losses, he definitely has some talent.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastianb7312 View Post
          First of all, Khan didn't beat Judah, especially when Zab didn't even show up to fight, what he had 20 something punches a round...FMJ beat a younger and quicker Judah at his prime.. Cant even compare the two... Unbelievable to me how some ppl compare or even talk about CON and FMJ in the same sentence... This guy got a reality check on Saturday .. Maybe if he doesn't punch in bunches and instead be under control more and take his time than go for the KO he might a better boxer.. He's not even top 10 right now...
          you might be right about this but khan definitely beat judah....granted an old judah.

but lets be honest here, floyd beat a shi t judah too. 147 was never judah's weight and judah has never proven to be the talent that everyone thought he was.

the best win over judah is zoo's. at judah's best weight and when he still had his quickness and power.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
            Posters, save yourself time and frustration by putting check_hooks on ignore. He has been exposed as a troll. I know there are some *******s that go that far, but this kid is clearly trolling.
            The worst thing is that he is actually by far one of the most knowledgeable Pinoy on this site when he actually takes a second off from trolling to post legit comments about boxing.

Also, it is like Poe's Law when it comes to *******s. It is impossible to tell a real one from the fake ones because they are all saying the same ******ed ass things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
              and that is what you call an "E-KO". . . owned this fool trying to make assumptions about me not even knowing me or my situation. . . lol. . . and there will NEVER be a "college bubble burst" for specialized jobs like attorneys, dr.'s, engineers, etc. . .

you're talking about "******* arts" degrees that are a dime a dozen from crappy universities that have no standards to get accepted into.
              Incorrect. Very incorrect. There will always be a "bursting" for even specialized jobs, like attorneys, engineers, etc. In fact, there are quite a number of attorneys that are out of work. And many students that are graduating who still cannot find jobs. Engineering, the story is a bit different since the demand is higher than the supply. But this too changes in time, as things always goes in cycles. There will come a point where the demand for engineers will be less than the supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                you might be right about this but khan definitely beat judah....granted an old judah.

but lets be honest here, floyd beat a shi t judah too. 147 was never judah's weight and judah has never proven to be the talent that everyone thought he was.

the best win over judah is zoo's. at judah's best weight and when he still had his quickness and power.
                People can go back and forth about that though. One can argue that win happened so well because Judah had "something" taken out of him in his prior losses. But anyhow, I really disbelieve that Floyd fought a "shot" Judah. He was clearly in his prime then. But today, he's no longer in that prime. Prime Judah at 147 was a much better Judah than the 140 version today.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  He wasn't fighting like a amateur when he ktfo Judah who a prime floyd went life and death with and got a gift decision because the blind ref missed the KD
                  To be fair he was trying to use the same tactic (a la hold head down)... he was able to get a body shot because unlike Peterson, Judah was just down there doing nothing.. also I think Judah was trying to milk a low blow because low a behold... soon as 10 is reached he's just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    People can go back and forth about that though. One can argue that win happened so well because Judah had "something" taken out of him in his prior losses. But anyhow, I really disbelieve that Floyd fought a "shot" Judah. He was clearly in his prime then. But today, he's no longer in that prime. Prime Judah at 147 was a much better Judah than the 140 version today.

prime judah at 147 lost to
                    cory spinks
                    carlos baldomir
                    floyd mayweather
                    miguel cotto
                    josh clottey

Lets just keep this in perspective- he was around 13-5 at ww. most of the wins were vs dudes like Ernest Johnson and Ryan DAvis and those types. ubaldo ets

but clearly the bold is true.

but don't lose sight of the fact that he was barely competitive on the world class level at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                      Posters, save yourself time and frustration by putting check_hooks on ignore. He has been exposed as a troll. I know there are some *******s that go that far, but this kid is clearly trolling.
                      I wish you were right, but nope. He is..... special ^^

Comment

Working...
                      X