Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oscar cares about the fans

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
      the difference between oscar and bob arum is you can tell oscar is genuine when he says he is trying to make boxing better and does it because he loves the sport... meanwhile bob arum will tell you straight up he doesnt give a fuk about what boxing fans wants and throws in some shots at ufc and dana white....

i for one cant wait for bob arum leave boxing for good
      Only difference between DLH and Arum is that Arum is str8 forward about it, and DLH releases tweets like this

They're both doing the same exact thing

Comment

like canelo-gomez?

Comment

Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
          "Next year will be a major year for GoldenBoy we will continue to make the fights happen until everyone is happy."

More then we can say about Bob snake Arum.

One thing you can't do is say GBP doesn't try to make good challenging fights fans want.

http://twitter.com/#!/OscarDeLaHoya
          Does that mean he'll match his fighters outside his stable if those are the best fights?

Hope so.

Come on Oscar I wanna' believe...

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
            Does that mean he'll match his fighters outside his stable if those are the best fights?

Hope so.

If Arum won't, how can he?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Only difference between DLH and Arum is that Arum is str8 forward about it, and DLH releases tweets like this

They're both doing the same exact thing
              I don't know about that. Other then Canelo, I can't think of any fighter in the GB stable that's being protected. And let's face it, even though he's a "world champion" and has headlined a couple BAD cards, he has never fought at the elite level.

I also can't think of a time when Golden Boy has let a fight "marinate" like Top Rank did with Gamboa-Lopez. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
                If Arum won't, how can he?
                Is Arum the only other promoter?

Comment

If I am not mistaking, DLH said about the same thing at the end of last year or the beginning of this year. There is no real difference in the two. As long as they are just wanting to pit their fighters against their own fighters, we the fans, are just going to get the same screwing.

If Oscar was really sincere, he would be trying to reach out to Arum instead of just trying to take jabs at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Is Arum the only other promoter?
                    Obviously not, but TR and GBP hold most of the elite talent.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post

Hope so.

he does seem willing to work with gary shaw. . . although shaw doesn't really have a huge stable of talent like arum. . .

he worked with shaw and don king for that bantamweight doubleheader. . . IMO that ended up being a better card than HBO cotto-margarito. . .

he's got two BEASTS in moreno and mares. . . just a shame arum holds the key to making fights with donaire, gamboa, and rigondeaux. . . MARES IS MY BOY!!! A poor man's version of finito!!!
                      Last edited by UglyPug; 12-14-2011, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X