Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boxers who never suffered a ONE-SIDED loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxers who never suffered a ONE-SIDED loss?

who are some boxers who either never suffered a one-sided loss, or only had one or two one-sided losses outside of their prime? mainly fighters who have been in the game for over a decade, or retired fighters. . .
    i can think of a few off the top of my head:

hopkins of course. . . does anybody know how badly he lost his very first fight? not that that means anything. . .

oscar de la hoya, of all the hall of famers and world class dudes he fought only had the KO loss to Hopkins, in which he was fairly competitive before the KO (was still clearly losing, but he wasn't getting tooled by any means), AND THEN the PACSMASH loss. . .

vitali klitschko.

juan manuel marquez. aside from mayweather, marquez was always in close fights in his losses. norwood fight was fairly close, and john and pac fights you can make arguments that he won. . .

Ali. . . Before the last two fights of his career in which signs of brain damage were already setting in. . .

Jermain Taylor - even in his KO losses he was in the fight. . . closest one-sided fight would probably be the abraham fight, in which he was down on my card 7 rounds to 4 at stoppage time. . .

continue. . .

Halger..maybe? I might get some heat for this but the Naseem Hamed loss wasnt as bad as its made out to be.
    I get the feeling bradley is going to be a fighter who wont suffer a one sided loss..(im not a fan boy or anything)

Comment

joe calzaghe...obviously!

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
        Halger..maybe? I might get some heat for this but the Naseem Hamed loss wasnt as bad as its made out to be.
        I get the feeling bradley is going to be a fighter who wont suffer a one sided loss..(im not a fan boy or anything)

wow how could i overlook him! great call. . . and i agree 100%, hamed did not lose that badly to barerra, it was just such a shock because he had always been so dominate. . . i had it like 7 to 4 and 1 even. . .

Comment

Floyd....lol

Comment

Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_ray View Post
              Floyd....lol
              of course all undefeated fighters. . . floyd has had his one "close fight that you can argue was a loss" as well. . . JLC. . . but props for him for rematching immediately, and clearly winning the fight. . . he has stood out even amongst undefeated fighters in not really having a close fight . . .

marciano had charles (first fight). . . calzaghe had hopkins. . . finito had a draw in which he avenged via tight SD win. . .

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                Roy Jones Jr.
                WAR ROY!! can't be rocked. . .

Comment

Roy Jones Jr.
                  TS said "never"

Comment

Roy Jones Jr.
                    lol.......................