No announcement yet.

who's greater Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etlux View Post
    where did you get that it was andro? doesn't sound accurate to me, from the sources I read he took something that was considered by the boxing commission an "ANABOLIC STEROID" and they wanted to retest to find out exactly what it was but he never retested which means no one truly knows exactly what he took as far as I remember
    Roy Jones Jr. and Richard Hall both tested positive for the testosterone precursor androstenedione after Jones defeated Hall to retain his undisputed world light heavyweight championship in Indianapolis in 2000. Jones insisted his test was the result of ingesting the supplement Ripped Fuel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2782402

Comment

rjj and no disrespect to bhop but it isnt close. there is a reason he stayed at 160 while roy conquered the world. hopkins woulda got ktfo at heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        Roy Jones Jr. and Richard Hall both tested positive for the testosterone precursor androstenedione after Jones defeated Hall to retain his undisputed world light heavyweight championship in Indianapolis in 2000. Jones insisted his test was the result of ingesting the supplement Ripped Fuel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2782402
        so let me take my cross examination one step further:

similar to seemingly logical/rational accusations levied against margarito that if he used plaster in ONE fight then most likely he used it in all his most important fights (including Cotto 1) then what stops us from assuming that Jones used Roids in all his fights (just cycled better to evade tests). After all certainly one would agree that Jones' physique very much calls to question whether it is naturally sculpted or aided by roids.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
          rjj and no disrespect to bhop but it isnt close. there is a reason he stayed at 160 while roy conquered the world. hopkins woulda got ktfo at heavyweight.
          lol you honestly think hopkins couldn't have beaten Ruiz? let's be real guy

Comment

so let me take my cross examination one step further:

similar to seemingly logical/rational accusations levied against margarito that if he used plaster in ONE fight then most likely he used it in all his most important fights (including Cotto 1) then what stops us from assuming that Jones used Roids in all his fights (just cycled better to evade tests). After all certainly one would agree that Jones' physique very much calls to question whether it is naturally sculpted or aided by roids.
            Well nothing, you can assume whatever youd like.. Like I said, it was something put in energy drinks so... If that sculpted his body then holy ****.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              Well nothing, you can assume whatever youd like.. Like I said, it was something put in energy drinks so... If that sculpted his body then holy ****.
              coca cola also used to have ******* in it, that's how it got its name, doesn't mean we should be allowed to snort coke like tony montana and then get into the ring

Comment

After all certainly one would agree that Jones' physique very much calls to question whether it is naturally sculpted or aided by roids.
                Like Pac's body right?

Comment

my research: "It should be pointed out that Jones never tested postive for Andro(which was used in Ripped Fuel). He tested postive for an Anabolic steroid and his explanation was that it was Ripped Fuel"

are we to just blindly trust roy's explanation?

Comment

coca cola also used to have ******* in it, that's how it got its name, doesn't mean we should be allowed to snort coke like tony montana and then get into the ring
                    How long ago was that? This was sold at malls in early 2000's... Lets not get ******... And it isnt ******* so thanks for ******ed comparison.

Comment

my research: "It should be pointed out that Jones never tested postive for Andro(which was used in Ripped Fuel). He tested postive for an Anabolic steroid and his explanation was that it was Ripped Fuel"

are we to just blindly trust roy's explanation?
                      It doesnt matter what Roy said it was... It matters what he tested positive for.

I gave you an ESPN link.

Comment

Working...
                      X