Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Cooper - Worst Referee Performance of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a good ref wouldn't have cost the wrong person to win

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      Nah mora was definitely the worst ref this year...
      I thought it was of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        I don't recall Khan hitting on the break, nor being warned for doing so. I remember the ref telling the fighters to "fight their way out". That's what Khan did. I don't see the problem.
        That's what I understood the point deduction in the 12th was for. He'd been doing it all along, when he could. Maybe subtlety is one of the things that the Roach teaches him.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          That's what I understood the point deduction in the 12th was for. He'd been doing it all along, when he could. Maybe subtlety is one of the things that the Roach teaches him.
          I thought the point deduction in the 12th round was for pushing, not hitting on the break?

Comment

He was a bit involved, but I actually enjoyed him. He actually let him(Peterson since Amir is incapable) fight on the inside. More refs should let them fight it out during the clinch. Actually a few times the fighters just stopped, expecting to be broken up, and both seemed shocked when he told them to keep on fighting. Can you imagine if he was breaking them apart every other second? Different fight completely.
            Last edited by Biolink; 12-11-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I thought it was of all time.
              Yah he definitely makes a case for being one of the worst refs of all time...

Comment

Cooper is the best. Great job.

Comment

I see what you're saying now.

I just checked the stats. The point deduction in the 12th was for hitting on the break; originally, I thought it was for pushing, but it wasn't.

The hitting on the break point deduction is strange because I remember the ref always saying "punch your way out". I don't recall Amir being warned for that. I'll watch the fight again though.

Comment

Working...
                  X