Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Unseats Amir Khan, Wins The Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to Khan's interview.. the butthurt is amazing!
    Khan mad because he's getting picked on the headlocks, pushing down and pushing. Don't mind the pushing... but the headlocks and head forcing should have warranted the points deducted.
    lol.... blaming DC... Khan, you did not win cleanly.
    Where are the people who point out Compubox numbers?

COMPUBOX: Total - AK 238/757 31%, LP 226/573 39%; Jabs - AK 69/291 24%, LP 38/167 23%; Power - AK 169-466 36%, LP 188-406 46%

Chew on those numbers.

Unfair Ref?
    Please, he gave him so many warnings throughout the fight. All through the fight... don't do this... can the ref make that any clearer?
    Also Khan hitting after the break in the 12th... ha.
    Have fun with your mayweather wet dreams Khan

Comment

khan has no defense

feed khan to ortiz he will knock him out in 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by edgar85 View Post
        Wazaa on suicide watch. PLEASE tell me wazza is still alive!!
        Oh dear god. I hadn't thought about Wazza.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
          Peterson made it close, but for anyone to say this was not a home town call....you are just a hater or a ***** (likely both). Amir clearly won this fight, and Peterson looked great, and determined, but lets pretend for a second, Floyd doesnt exist (though thats nightmares for some of you)....Amir was battling the ref as much as Peterson. Its always funny how when you have something so obvious like this....the commission and ref are rushed out and go MIA....just saying.
          Every single Sky commentator scored it to Peterson, albeit only by one round, and they're all British. So do you think they're all *****s or haters or both?

Comment

Finally, for once...A fighter who gets the nod and deserves it on the highest level of the scale. Khan spoiled and only had flashes of brilliance. Peterson NEVER let up, he took Khan's title. And about the ref, he did a very good job, i don't think you people realize how many times the ref warned him for pushing. I mean he keptt warning him and he kept doing it more blatantly and forceful everytime. All Khan could say is "his head was so low" I mean seriously?...If he had actually maybe watched tapes of Lamont he'd see that's how he fights, it's how he gets to the body. Khan wasn't taking anything seriously, including the ref. He has noone to blame but himself. Peterson showed he wanted it more.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Listening to Khan's interview.. the butthurt is amazing!
              Khan mad because he's getting picked on the headlocks, pushing down and pushing. Don't mind the pushing... but the headlocks and head forcing should have warranted the points deducted.
              lol.... blaming DC... Khan, you did not win cleanly.
              Where are the people who point out Compubox numbers?

COMPUBOX: Total - AK 238/757 31%, LP 226/573 39%; Jabs - AK 69/291 24%, LP 38/167 23%; Power - AK 169-466 36%, LP 188-406 46%

Chew on those numbers.

Unfair Ref?
              Please, he gave him so many warnings throughout the fight. All through the fight... don't do this... can the ref make that any clearer?
              Also Khan hitting after the break in the 12th... ha.
              Have fun with your mayweather wet dreams Khan
              If you seriously think Compubox numbers have anything to do with how a fight is scored then you should stick to watching amateur boxing, as you clearly know nothing about the professional game.

Comment

First of all what a great fight, really had me fixated.

As a Khan fan, I'm obviously disappointed, but can't really complain about the result. If the referee warns you multiple times, you should know better. Khan's lack of an inside game was the deciding factor for me. Peterson landed so many clean punches on the inside and Khan would just tuck up and not really do anything. I didn't like Khan's reaction in the interview either, blaming DC wasn't cool.

Nevertheless the fight was really close, and Khan would have won if he didn't get deducted those points. An immediate rematch should happen.

Comment

Lol yeah right Lamont won that fight :/ Lamont + ref = New Champion

Comment

crazy fight man, ref was f**king up, the kd was bs, he should have taken a point for pulling his head down instead of pushing, kahn lays on the ropes kinda like pac and that was his down fall. should have been a draw though. and stop mentioning may cuz kahn is not in his league cant wait for the rematch congrats lamont

Comment

Kahn the only guy who can beat Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X