Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Unseats Amir Khan, Wins The Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
    Wazaa will not sleep tonight!!!
    Khans constant running LOST HIM THIS FIGHT its horrible the way he runs runs runs it made lamont look like he was a PREDATOR chasing him all around the ring.....

GO LAMONT DAM PROUD OF YOU BOY !!!! KHAN GO HOME N RETIRE

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
      Well done Peterson.

Immature performance from Khan. Instead of Bradley and Mayweather he should be looking at Hatton and Prescott.
      Well done Peterson?For basically getting gifted belt.Judges and ref stole that from Khan.Biased american judges and ref.

Comment

well does this mean kahn can "try" to avenge his loss to prescott? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
          Great victory for my man Pet. The ref was outstanding. I would have taken a lot more points from Khan for holding. He just ran and held.

I told you Khan was a bum.

I agree but I would've taken points for all the pushing down on Lamont's head. Khan fought a very dirty fight then ran. The best man won.

Comment

Running and holding for 4/5s of the fight shouldn't have gotten the loudmouth a win. Peterson won and deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
              What a crock!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worst ref in recent memory. This is sad
              Russell Mora wants a word with you.

Comment

Ref tarnished the fight. Khan was pushing and having his elbow in the mix but did not warrant the last point deduction. Props to Lamont for staying classy in the interview. he worked hard but the decision I don't agree with, the ref totally ruined a good fight.

Khan can also blame himself for fighting that style of fight. Could've easily outboxed and used his feet a lot more but I think some credit goes to Lamont for working the body and slowing him down. Rematch??? I would like to see one, hopefully Lamont learns how to let his hands go. He's got the skills but damnit he has to let his hands go.

Comment

Peterson made it close, but for anyone to say this was not a home town call....you are just a hater or a ***** (likely both). Amir clearly won this fight, and Peterson looked great, and determined, but lets pretend for a second, Floyd doesnt exist (though thats nightmares for some of you)....Amir was battling the ref as much as Peterson. Its always funny how when you have something so obvious like this....the commission and ref are rushed out and go MIA....just saying.

Comment

Great victory for my man Pet. The ref was outstanding. I would have taken a lot more points from Khan for holding. He just ran and held.

If Khan is a bum then by definition so is Peterson. The fight couldn't possibly have been any closer and if the ref and judges had been from neutral countries as they should be in all world title fights, it would almost certainly have been scored narrowly to Khan. Even as it was, it was a split decision, and even the judges who scored it to Peterson only gave it to him by one round. And if Khan had been deducted one point instead of two, or if the first knock-down in round one hadn't been ruled a slip, it would have been scored a majority draw.

Khan clearly under-estimated Peterson and his game plan was all wrong, whereas Peterson fought the fight of his life and had the perfect game plan. If there is a rematch, Khan will be the strong favourite.

If you think Khan is a bum then you must consider Peterson also a bum.

Comment

I agree but I would've taken points for all the pushing down on Lamont's head. Khan fought a very dirty fight then ran. The best man won.

Comment

Working...
                      X