Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official James Kirkland vs. Carlos Molina Vote Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see people talk down this win after Kirkland smashes Molina. Wonder if they'll use the old "The pressure fighter gassed out in one round." excuse.

Comment

I made a poll thread too, sorry, I didn't see this one.

I don't feel like typing my analysis again, it's in the Boxing Scene staff predictions thread. Basically, while I feel Molina has that awkward boxing style to present SOME issues for Kirkland, I don't see how he can handle Kirkland's natural raw strength and talent, down the stretch. Kirkland is a TOTALLY different animal compared to Lara and Cintron, who fight mostly off the back-foot and fight somewhat conservatively. Cintron has definitely faded tremendously also.

Lara IMO wasn't the same Lara as the one who fought Williams, I think he didn't take Molina seriously, you could just tell by watching how Lara fought. That and the fact, Lara had a problem with just covering up and letting opponents outwork him, he did much better with it in the Williams fight. But in the Molina and Brewer fights he did it in spots, and ultimately cost him some close rounds in the Molina fight. Now, Kirkland is a different animal, he's got that smothering, overwhelming style that I think Molina will not be able to handle and Kirkland will eventually break him down. Just my two cents.

Also, I saw a couple people in this thread picking Molina VIA KO. You CAN'T be serious, surely? (Yes I know what happened in the Ishida fight but obviously The Kirkland we saw against Angulo, is the one we'll see tonight with Wolfe in his corner.) Molina has 6 KO's in 19 wins. The last fighter he stopped was Allen Conyers who is a big punching journeyman with absolutely no chin and defense. Kirkland stopped Conyers in one round. Molina has virtually ZERO power.

And I think people are blowing this "Kirkland has no chin" thing, way out of proportion. If his chin was as bad as alot of people are claiming, Angulo would of got him out in the first round after the knockdown, because he threw not only the kitchen sink at Kirkland, but the entire house as well, and Kirkland ate Angulo's shots like M&M's after the KD, and threw it RIGHT back at Angulo, and Angulo was broken down, hurt and was brought down from being an unstoppable train-like force, to being the equivalent of a helpless toddler with Down's syndrome in a matter of a few seconds due to Kirkland's imposing strength, power and overall endurance and determination.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        I made a poll thread too, sorry, I didn't see this one.

I don't feel like typing my analysis again, it's in the Boxing Scene staff predictions thread. Basically, while I feel Molina has that awkward boxing style to present SOME issues for Kirkland, I don't see how he can handle Kirkland's natural raw strength and talent, down the stretch. Kirkland is a TOTALLY different animal compared to Lara and Cintron, who fight mostly off the back-foot and fight somewhat conservatively. Cintron has definitely faded tremendously also.

Lara IMO wasn't the same Lara as the one who fought Williams, I think he didn't take Molina seriously, you could just tell by watching how Lara fought. That and the fact, Lara had a problem with just covering up and letting opponents outwork him, he did much better with it in the Williams fight. But in the Molina and Brewer fights he did it in spots, and ultimately cost him some close rounds in the Molina fight. Now, Kirkland is a different animal, he's got that smothering, overwhelming style that I think Molina will not be able to handle and Kirkland will eventually break him down. Just my two cents.

Also, I saw a couple people in this thread picking Molina VIA KO. You CAN'T be serious, surely? (Yes I know what happened in the Ishida fight but obviously The Kirkland we saw against Angulo, is the one we'll see tonight with Wolfe in his corner.) Molina has 6 KO's in 19 wins. The last fighter he stopped was Allen Conyers who is a big punching journeyman with absolutely no chin and defense. Kirkland stopped Conyers in one round. Molina has virtually ZERO power.

And I think people are blowing this "Kirkland has no chin" thing, way out of proportion. If his chin was as bad as alot of people are claiming, Angulo would of got him out in the first round after the knockdown, because he threw not only the kitchen sink at Kirkland, but the entire house as well, and Kirkland ate Angulo's shots like M&M's after the KD, and threw it RIGHT back at Angulo, and Angulo was broken down, hurt and was brought down from being an unstoppable train-like force, to being the equivalent of a helpless toddler with Down's syndrome in a matter of a few seconds due to Kirkland's imposing strength, power and overall endurance and determination.
        It's unbelievable how much people still want to dismiss Kirkland, given how much other pressure fighters with less offensive skill, defensive abilities, and relative strength and power can be over-rated here. The Kirkland that beat Angulo completely annihilates any Marg, but I know he'll never get the play Marg did.

Comment

This is a hard one for me to call. Kirkland has a glass jaw, no defense, and no real boxing skills. His whole fighting strategy is to come in and maul his opponent like a bear.

Molina has a good boxing ability but I highly doubt he has enough power to shatter that glass jaw. He will probably be able to frustrater Kirkland but not having power, it night be hard for him to keep Kirkland off him in the end.

I can see it easily going either way.

Comment

I`m picking Kirkland.

Comment

an interesting bout, and good to see Kirkland taking another competitive fight after Angulo, this is back to back and hopefully the Ishida incident does replay itself tonight

Comment

King breaks Kirkland down over the long haul

Comment

Kirkland's will to win is almost insurmountable. He will get this win for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by W@rri0r
                    10k On Molina over Kirk
                    You're on...

Comment

Can someone PM hook me up with a stream for points por favour?
                      Last edited by Discipline; 03-24-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X