Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko vs Joe Louis - Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kendom View Post
    The June 23, 1938 NY Times quoted Schmeling as saying he was hit with a kidney punch, a devastating right, which so shocked his nervous system, that he was "dazed" and his "vision was blurred." He was hit so hard to the body he lost his sight for a few seconds.

"Louis threw a straight right hand so hard that Uzcudun's cornerman Ray Arcel said, "Louis drove Uzcudun's teeth right through his mouthpiece.” Veteran referee Arthur Donovan said, “It was the hardest punch I ever saw." So damaging was the blow that 20 minutes later Uzcudun stood up in his dressing to take a shower and fell over. James Braddock said that Louis also drove his teeth through his mouthpiece, "I thought my head had been blown off," he explained".

Cox Corner
    Were you aware of the glove size difference there was 70 years ago as opposed to todays gloves? You may want to check into that and imagine Vitali hitting a 200 lb guy in the mouth with a glove that small. It would be murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
      Yes, that's correct.

Based on seeing quite a few Vitali fights on TV and some internet viewing of Louis. Also based on the generally accepted consensus that Joe's boxing skills were superior to nearly all fighters past and present. Yes. That is my opinion.

Next rhetorical question please.
      So in essence, Schmelling was a better or more skillful or dangerous fighter than Vitali weighing 192 lbs. OMFG is all I'm going to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
        Were you aware of the glove size difference there was 70 years ago as opposed to todays gloves? You may want to check into that and imagine Vitali hitting a 200 lb guy in the mouth with a glove that small. It would be murder.
        Okay well why didn't every other boxer punch like Louis with those smaller gloves?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
          EXACTLY

Don't forget Buddy Baer..

Vitali got walked down and forced to quit by CHRIS BYRD..!!

If Byrd made him QUIT
          You're an idiot. Seriously.

Comment

So in essence, Schmelling was a better or more skillful or dangerous fighter than Vitali weighing 192 lbs. OMFG is all I'm going to say.
            'OMFG'...? Another teenage girl. Sigh.

I thought we were comparing Klitschko and Louis. I gave my opinions and even my reasons behind them. What is this attempt at obfuscation w/irrelevancies?
            Everybody knows that triangle theories are unreliable.

If you can't do any better than a half-assed triangle theory we're done here.

Comment

Was Chris Byrd more dangerous than Louis? It seems Vitali can only beat great heavyweights in fantasy fights since he's never done it in his career .

Comment

I didn't even think I needed to elaborate on the fact that no big man aside from Lennox Lewis has been anywhere near the skill level of Vitali and Wladimir, but I guess I need to point that out to you?
                Pure exaggeration, highlight what Vitali could do that Primo Carnera couldn't

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Okay well why didn't every other boxer punch like Louis with those smaller gloves?
                  There were quite a few brutal punchers with those gloves if you may remember, examples are abundant so I won't list them.

Comment

Pure exaggeration, highlight what Vitali could do that Primo Carnera couldn't
                    Are you serious?

Comment

Why did you fall back to this particular argument when Joeyzags has repeatedly shown that Louis thrived on bigger fighters because they were much easier to hit. The Louis that destroyed Carnera wasnt even a prime Louis.
                      This guys most concrete argument is "Take my word for it" and "OMFG" He has yet to provide any evidence of Joe Louis having more trouble with larger fighters. Or Vitali having an easier time with smaller ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X