Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former world heavyweight boxing champion Herbie Hide has had his jail term cut by four months.

Hide, 42, of Bawburgh, near Norwich, was given a 22-month term by a judge at Cambridge Crown Court in November after he admitted conspiring to sell *******.

But three appeal judges have today cut the term to 18 months after lawyers for Hide argued that the original sentence was too long.

He was jailed after a judge heard that he fell for a sting operation set up by an investigative journalist known as the Fake Sheikh.

Hide arranged to supply the class A drug to Sun on Sunday reporter Mazher Mahmood after a series of meetings at a hotel near Norwich.

Lawyers for Hide questioned the use of "entrapment" tactics.

Hide has previous convictions for offences including criminal damage, battery, threatening behaviour and carrying a knife.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/boxer_he...uced_1_3283276

Comment

• Tyson Fury will now face Joey Abell on Feb 15. Abell is chinny and limited in skills, but he's a very hard puncher.

Frank Warren @frankwarren_tv
      The 6'4 big-punching Abell, of Minnesota, has stopped 28 in his 29 wins and gave Kubrat Pulev some early problems in their fight last year

Comment

• Wladimir Klitschko plans to end US exile in 2014

The German-based Ukrainian has not fought in the States since a unanimous decision victory over Sultan Ibragimov in New York's Madision Square Garden back in February 2008

Since then he has won 11 fights - nine of which were in Germany - with one in Switzerland and the other in Moscow.

Klitschko's next fight will again be in Germany when he takes on Australian Alex Leapai in Oberhausen in April, but he admits he would like to return to America to help restore his 'cold' image in the country.

"I understand the criticism that the fights are lopsided and kind of boring. I'm getting it,'' he told AP.

''I'm missing the fans in the US. The fan base is huge here and I would love to fight back in the States.

"I want to fight here but I need a broadcaster, either Showtime or HBO, and I need an arena.

"Of course I also need an opponent who is interesting to fans. I think the Arreola-Stiverne winner could be a good choice.''

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/b...9422--box.html

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
          Wladimir Klitschko plans to end US exile in 2014
          I believe Wladimir should fight in the US once again. It would suit him well, and probably shut up a few critics.

Comment

• fury v Abell, damn this is gona be explosive!

Comment

• Mr Hat better not stink the joint out again....

I think Del Boy's chin has been cracked man, he dont hold a shot like he used to. Still a tough guy with big balls who comes to fight. I like Chisora to win that and obviously the Fury's to win as well

Comment

• Can Kubrat Pulev become world champion?

Plotting Anthony Joshua's Career in 2014

Comment

• I'm sort of beginning to really dislike Pulev due to his fans...everywhere I see (example Youtube or Facebook), there are these deluded Bulgarian fans spouting rubbish as if Pulev is the reincarnation of Tyson and Ali rolled into one. He is a decent fighter and probably the most skilled of the current bunch and he deserves his shot but I'd like that to be ASAP to end this ****-talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                    I'm sort of beginning to really dislike Pulev due to his fans...everywhere I see (example Youtube or Facebook), there are these deluded Bulgarian fans spouting rubbish as if Pulev is the reincarnation of Tyson and Ali rolled into one. He is a decent fighter and probably the most skilled of the current bunch and he deserves his shot but I'd like that to be ASAP to end this ****-talk.
                    Pulev has this high guard of his too open. Wlad will steelhammer jab him constantly unless he makes some adjustments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                      Pulev has this high guard of his too open. Wlad will steelhammer jab him constantly unless he makes some adjustments.
                      Plus Pulev is too damn slow...I don't think I've ever seen a generation of heavyweights as slow as this bunch.

Comment

Working...
                      X