No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom.
    Cameron is a hard puncher, and Williams was always a tough guy.

I'd like to see them fight some of the up-and-comers: Price, Fury, Glazkov, Wilder, Mitchell, Hamer, Gerber, etc.
    i agree they are C+ guys who can pull the odd upset. barrett looked completely past cameron & paid for it. it wouldn't surprise me if cameron fights someone like kali meehan, welliver or leapai next since all are ranked in that region(asian pacific\oriental).i'd like a tua rematch too since he is coming back. i'm interested to see how tua fairs now. i wasn't aware that his wife left him. he has had ongoing legal & marital problems which very well could have really affected him mentally. boxing is not a sport to have distractions in. lets not forget when he lost to barrett he had come on late & broke his jaw. barrett barely survived. maybe with a clear head tua can mount somewhat of a decent comeback for 1 more run. a win over cameron puts him right back in the WBO title picture...

Comment

Updated opening post.

Not many HW fights scheduled between July 15 and Sep 1.
      Thank God for that. We can enjoy some actual quality boxing instead at the lighter weights.

Comment

we need the heavyweight scene back

Comment

There's been some very good heavyweight fights this year (Chisora-Haye, Pulev-Dimitrenko, Povetkin-Huck, Chisora-Vitali, etc).
          cameron\barrett & minto\grano were decent fights as well even though they were lesser known...

Comment

Vitali Klitschko vs. Manuel Charr will be on HBO.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...-telekanal-hbo

I hope they have Merchant instead of Kellerman for this one.
            HBO is angling for vitali's retirement. arreola vs stiverne for vacant belt on HBO late 2012 or early 2013? i give charr no chance!

Comment

i noticed price vs chisora as a rumored fight...interesting because i thought he was taking some time off after fighting fury, haye, vitali & helenius the last 18 months...

Comment

TBA is going to be busy.

has that joke been made yet?

Comment

Maybe Adamek 'll be available for Wlad in december? Would be a good fight.

Comment

grant turned down fight

Promoter Mariusz Kolodziej of Global Boxing informed that his heavyweight fighter, Mariusz Wach (27-0, 15 KO), ranked #4 by WBC, won’t face an American veteran Michael Grant as previously planned. The Polish giant is planning to return to the ring in September. The name of his next opponent should be announced soon.

- Michael Grant definitely refused to fight Wach. Frankly speaking, we have been having problems for a few months to find a proper opponent for Mariusz. The problem is that top ten contenders don’t feel like fighting Wach. They would prefer to wait for a fight with Klitschko or a vacant title. A presumptive loss to Mariusz would close them the road to this – Kolodziej told BoxingBet.pl.

Besides, Kolodziej confirmed that the Pole is considered as a potential opponents for either Klitschko brothers.

- Yes, we have been talking for a few months about a fight between Mariusz and one of the brothers. Team Klitschko simultaneously negotiates with other fighters. However, Mariusz Wach is one of the most serious candidates – Kolodziej added.

Comment

The IBF four fighter tournament will not be as originally planned.

Adamek wanted to fight Ustinov on September 8, but Alexander couldn't get a visa to fight in the USA. So Tomasz will not be in the 4 fighter eliminator and he'll fight Travis Walker instead.

Rumor has it that it may be Pulev-Ustinov and Solis-TBA. Sauerland has requested the two best fighters, Pulev and Solis, not fight each other in the opener, so they can meet in the final.

The IBF are trying to get Jonathan Banks to fight Solis, but he's tied up with a Seth Mitchell fight on September 15.

We'll likely know more by the end of this coming week.
                      banks vacated the NABF title which gave him an IBF top 10 ranking. tony grano now holds that title. could don king work magic & get another one of his guys in the 4th spot? he helped stiverne get to the top of the WBC rankings by getting him fights that had vacant regional belts at stake. grano is the NABF champion & he must be considered. king has always had influence in the heayweight division.
                      Last edited by joe strong; 07-22-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X