No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...7829&cat=boxer

here's another fight for the lesser valued canadian title. i can't believe they have to sanctioning bodies in canada. some weight classes don't even have enough guys to fill out a top ten.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Co-sign, the last hw prizefighter was very exciting, fast paced and most of the fights were pretty competitive. This one should be no different..
      Yeah.
      Theres so many individual storylines going on aswell which makes it very intruiging. Kevin Johnson needs to back up his words, love watching his interviews but not his boxing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        I wonder who will be the opponents for Chris Arreola, Oleg Platov, Sam Peter and Tyson Fury?

All four are scheduled to fight in the next few weeks.

David Price also, the tip is Perez for Price and Chag for Fury. I'd like to see Arreola in a real fight again.

Comment

Price vs Perez is a great matchup. Both guys are young, talented up-and-coming heavyweights. Perez is a hard hitting southpaw who's Tysonesche in stature while Price is tall, is got great range and is always looking for the big KO.

Comment

Chagaev vs. Fury & Perez vs. Price would be solid HW matchups.

EDIT: The Price-Perez fight has now been confirmed for July 14.
            Agree, Chagaev vs. Fury sounds fantastic. Also, can't wait to see Chambers vs. Adamek on Saturday.

Comment

Chris Arreola's next opponent has been confirmed to be Mike Mollo.

I'm disappointed. Mollo has been inactive for two years, and barely managed a draw with a low-level clubfighter in his last fight.
              Is this guy having confidence issues? Someone in the top 40 would have been nice. I've been curious to see how his improved conditioning helps him against at least a C or D class fighter, but he's fighting guys that my 53 year old dad who hasn't boxed in 30 years would probably knock out.

I predict that he'll weigh in close to 250. There's no way he's keeping up that much discipline to fight guys who probably wouldn't even make the taxi cab driving team.
              Last edited by BoxerDood; 06-13-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

wow, what a ****ty division

Comment

Chris Arreola's next opponent has been confirmed to be Mike Mollo.

I'm disappointed. Mollo has been inactive for two years, and barely managed a draw with a low-level clubfighter in his last fight.
                  It's worth noting that Mollo was scheduled to fight Franklin Lawrence last month but the fight was cancelled last minute. There were conflicting reports that stated Lawrence had failed the physical and then Greisman of Boxingscene reported that Mollo was the one who failed the physical. It may or may not have been due to something picked up on an MRI.

I'd match rather see Arreola face Lawrence as he's a bigger and better fighter than Mollo.

Fury's uncle tweeted the July 7 opponent will be "one of two Americans".

Some are speculating it may be Travis Walker or Michael Grant, but I think it could be someone less dangerous like Jason Estrada or Cedric Boswell.
                  A lot of people are speculating Fury's opponent will be Ruslan Chagaev although Travis Walker is a credible opponent as well.

Comment

tUNNEY, DO YOU KNOW IF pRICE-pEREZ IS A DONE DEAL?

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                      tUNNEY, DO YOU KNOW IF pRICE-pEREZ IS A DONE DEAL?
                      Turn the caps lock off, son..

Comment

Working...
                      X