Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander Povetkin has passed a new drug test from VADA that was taken on May 17, 2016, and the results have come out clean with no sign of Meldonium.

The sample taken a week earlier also lacked traces of Meldonium, which meant that only one of Povetkin’s six samples revealed low concentrations of the prohibited drug.

The new result alleges that the positive sample in April was a residual effect of Mildronat taken last year. If the drug was taken in the period between April 11 and 27, traces would also have been found in the latest tests.

A statement from Ryabinsky, Povetkin's manager, stated:

The new doping test of the Russian boxer Alexander Povetkin, taken May 17, 2016, showed no traces of Meldonium. This was reported today by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) with reference to the results of analyses conducted by the laboratory in Los Angeles.

The sample taken a week earlier also lacked traces of Meldonium. Thus, only one of Povetkin’s six samples revealed extremely low concentrations of the prohibited drug.

The new result proves that the positive sample in April was a residual effect of Mildronat taken last year. If the drug was taken in the period between April 11 and 27, traces would also have been found in the latest tests.

I want to emphasize that Alexander Povetkin has never taken any prohibited drugs. We will have to sue our American counterparts and some of the US tabloids that have expressed extremely unjustified views. One of them might be Dan Rafael from ESPN.

A further statement from one of Andrey Ryabinsky’s social media outlets added: “Got new official tests on Povetkin. They’re clean now. Opponent (Wilder) and some journalists will be apologising to us. And pay.”

According to Ryabinsky, the postponed fight against Wilder should take place by the end of the year.

According to WADA rules, if the doping test was carried out after March 1, 2016, and the substance content in it amounted to less than 1 µg further investigations are required to find out when the drug was taken.

The WBC has not yet made a decision on canceling the fight completely or disqualifying Povetkin, and will run its own investigation to get to the bottom of this.

http://www.fightsports.tv/story/3211...ue-team-wilder
    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 06-09-2016, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• David Haye surges up to IBF Number 3 ranking spot,

http://www.ibfusbaregistration.com/i...gs/ibf-ratings

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Both Klitschko brothers had tremendous respect for Ali.

Comment

• Joseph Parker could fight his mandatory IBF world title challenge against current holder Anthony Joshua in London as early as March next year.

The New Zealand heavyweight, in his second week of training for his July 21 fight against Australian Solomon Haumono in Christchurch, was slated to meet Joshua between November 19 and January 19, according to IBF regulations.

However, several factors can delay his challenge, including the possibility of Joshua - who fights American Dominic Breazeale in London next weekend in a title defence - having a unification bout against either WBC title holder Deontay Wilder or fellow Englishman Tyson Fury, the WBO and WBA champion.

In an interview with The Ring ****zine, Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn said a fight with Parker, 24, was likely to happen in the "spring", which would be between March and May.

"Parker is due to get a call on November 19 and it's possible that we have to take that one next spring.

That's a really good fight between two young heavyweights and it would be exciting," Hearn said.

Parker, who earned his No1 challenger spot with a hard-fought 12-round victory over Carlos Takam in Manukau, has returned to his Las Vegas base after a break and is about to resume sparring.

Trainer Kevin Barry said Parker's elbow soreness would be carefully managed during this time because it was during sparring when the problems generally arose. After the Takam fight, Parker revealed his body "broke down" during the tough 12-week camp, and said the pain in his left arm robbed it of some of its venom and added to his defensive issues.

Barry said today: "We've had a niggly elbow for a couple of fights now that we've been managing. You probably saw me icing it during the Takam fight. Whether or not that was the reason his hand was so low, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say yes. But I definitely want the hands up a lot higher in the next fight.

"At the moment it's not an issue in training. It usually doesn't flare up until sparring. We are doing a lot of neuro-muscular work on it.

"The thing with Joe is that he has such fast hands and if he punches at that sort of velocity and he doesn't hit the target, there's going to be some hyper-extension."

Barry said he and Parker would not travel to London to watch Joshua's first defence of his title, but would watch it closely.

"I've been very impressed with [Joshua] during his last two fights. I think he has developed and improved a lot during his last two fights.

"He's a big guy and he uses the height he has very effectively. I'd be lying if I said we wouldn't be watching him intently, because we will be, just as I'm sure he would have been watching Joe closely in his last fight."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/boxing/new...656802&ref=rss
                  Last edited by Weltschmerz; 06-15-2016, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• Wladimir Klitschko admits he's embarrassed by his loss to heavyweight world champion Tyson Fury and has taken to using a -150C Cryosauna as his continues to prepare for their rematch later this summer.

'I made a mistake, I'm embarrassed by it,' admitted Klitschko, who took to Instagram on Sunday to reveal that he is using a cryosauna as part of his pre-fight preparations. Klitschko posted a picture of himself stood in the freezing cold cryosauna whilst wearing a protective face mask, hat and gloves.

He wrote: 'You think you really know what cold is? Cryosauna, -150C gives you one of the best recoveries for your body and mind.'

Athletes use whole body cryotherapy as an alternative to ice baths or cold water immersion as it is thought to aid recovery from delayed onset muscle soreness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box..._campaign=1490

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X