No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
    I doubt Parker has the tools to defeat Fury the dude is too raw, he should face somebody like Ustinov, Dimitrenko or Hughie to prepare himself better for the dimensions of the gangly awkward chinny Brit.
    Parker would flatten Dimitrenko in a round or 2. Dimitrenko hasn't beaten a quality heavyweight since Derric Rossy. Lost both step up fights & other then Rossy his best wins are over Sosnowski & Luan Krasniqi. That was 5 years ago. He's been put on the canvas by 2 D level trial horses the last few years. I don't think he has much left. He peaked as a fringe contender in the top 20 but the Chambers & Pulev losses took their toll on his confidence. He reached that B level a few years back but that is where it ended for him as a potential contender.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          Lol... until he offers him a payday he can't refuse. I say take a wait & see approach on this one. Until the Oquendo fight is signed or Haye's next opponent on March 21 is announced anything can happen...

Comment

There's a good chance he faces Joshua if he gets past Takam.
            I think the likelihood now will be Parker vs Browne. Chances are we'll see the Oquendo and Takam fights first, though I can understand Browne's handlers having reservations with him facing another boxer (tactician). I expect Oquendo to be paid step aside, Parker can come back to Joshua on equal parity after absorbing Browne's belt.

It's a great fight when you think about it. Not that I'm opposed to Joshua versus either I just see Browne cashing out fast, he's old, shyt and limited. Dude is a nice guy, but he has ZERO skill.

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            No ****... lol!
            Axl is in serious training trying to get in shape for his dates at The Whiskey, Vegas, Coachella and Mexico. If he still has it in him he puts Andy to shame, I wouldn't bank on it though, dude looked freakin gigantasaur last I saw him.

Comment

If Fury wins he will dump the WBA strap in route to a unification with Wilder or a massive fight vs Haye or Joshua (If AJ wins IBF Title). Klitschko could very well do the same but he likes having all the titles so he probably would fight Ortiz if he wins. If either Fury/Klitschko choose to vacate to pursue the IBF or WBC titles that would leave Ortiz(don't see him losing to Ustinov)vs Oquendo/Browne winner. I think this tourney was a waste of time & it won't be as exciting as people think. I really doubt Klitschko or Fury fight Ortiz because of the big money fights elsewhere. Call it a duck but I think it is strictly financial. High risk low reward fight for both. This tourney is a roadblock to big money fights for both.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                Lol... until he offers him a payday he can't refuse. I say take a wait & see approach on this one. Until the Oquendo fight is signed or Haye's next opponent on March 21 is announced anything can happen...
                Haye should face Oquendo, try and factor himself into the WBA plans somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  March
                  Fri 18:

Michael Sprott - Christian Hammer
                  Adrian Granat - Samir Kurtagich
                  Bogdan Dinu - Marino Goles

Sat 26:

Hughie Fury - Nagy Aguilera

April

Sat 2:

Andrzej Wawrzyk - Marcin Rekowski (PolSat)
                  Tomasz Adamek - Eric Molina (PolSat)

Robert Helenius - Johann Duhaupas

Fri 8:

Sergey Kuzmin - Vladimir Tereshkin

Sat 9:

Anthony Joshua - Charles Martin (UK Sky Box Office)

May
                  Sat 7:

Kubrat Pulev - Dereck Chisora

Sat 14:

Mariusz Wach - TBA

Sat 21:

David Haye - TBA

Fights in late negotiations but date not determined: Joseph Parker-Carlos Takam and Wladimir Klitschko-Tyson Fury

Thanks mate!!good work!!!

Comment

Parker would flatten Dimitrenko in a round or 2. Dimitrenko hasn't beaten a quality heavyweight since Derric Rossy. Lost both step up fights & other then Rossy his best wins are over Sosnowski & Luan Krasniqi. That was 5 years ago. He's been put on the canvas by 2 D level trial horses the last few years. I don't think he has much left. He peaked as a fringe contender in the top 20 but the Chambers & Pulev losses took their toll on his confidence. He reached that B level a few years back but that is where it ended for him as a potential contender.
                    Dude aint a bad boxer when focused, not the greatest but he can box, not sure the same can be said of 'fight' yet he is under rated. It would be Parker's best opponent IMO. I do however rate Takam higher but there is sense in facing Dimitrenko with his physical dimensions, as there is Ustinov.

Comment

If Fury wins he will dump the WBA strap in route to a unification with Wilder or a massive fight vs Haye or Joshua (If AJ wins IBF Title). Klitschko could very well do the same but he likes having all the titles so he probably would fight Ortiz if he wins. If either Fury/Klitschko choose to vacate to pursue the IBF or WBC titles that would leave Ortiz(don't see him losing to Ustinov)vs Oquendo/Browne winner. I think this tourney was a waste of time & it won't be as exciting as people think. I really doubt Klitschko or Fury fight Ortiz because of the big money fights elsewhere. Call it a duck but I think it is strictly financial. High risk low reward fight for both. This tourney is a roadblock to big money fights for both.
                      Wtf is this shyt, a pre emptive bs excuse for Fury to duck Ortiz before it is even ordered ? One thing I wouldn't be opposed to is if Klitschko beat Fury then vacated to enable him to fight Wilder as I don't believe Klitschko at this point beats Ortiz, but would destroy Wilder.

Are you insinuating Fury would lose to Ortiz ?

Comment

Working...
                      X