No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO]Amir Mansour displays power and speed

[VIDEO] Amir Mansour says Gerald Washington doesn't have the skillset to compete

Tony Thompson will fight Malik Scott

Thompson vs. Scott - PBC on Bounce TV

Comment

• Wilder is not fighting Jennings

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        no shocker there. jennings has a pulse. can only imagine who they pick this time. its shameful what hes doing with that belt

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          no shocker there. jennings has a pulse. can only imagine who they pick this time. its shameful what hes doing with that belt
          The disappointing thing is that, Wilder is capable of beating Jennings and would improve by fighting him. Wilder needs all the experience he can get before stepping in with Povetkin. Jennings will give him that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            The disappointing thing is that, Wilder is capable of beating Jennings and would improve by fighting him. Wilder needs all the experience he can get before stepping in with Povetkin. Jennings will give him that.
            yea,,I agree. these cans he's fighting are not going to make him a better fighter or prepare him for a povetkin or wlad. jennings would have been a good test for him. its obvious his handlers have no confidence in his ability so theyre tryin to make as much money as they can before they have no choice but to feed him to the wolves. the shame of it is I think wilder wants to fight the best but his management thinks otherwise. I think wilder has regressed since beating stiverne. he didnt look good against molina and looked horrible in his last fight. no balance at all and he was throwing mostly telegraphed arm punches. povetkin is going to do a number on him when they finally fight

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              yea,,I agree. these cans he's fighting are not going to make him a better fighter or prepare him for a povetkin or wlad. jennings would have been a good test for him. its obvious his handlers have no confidence in his ability so theyre tryin to make as much money as they can before they have no choice but to feed him to the wolves. the shame of it is I think wilder wants to fight the best but his management thinks otherwise. I think wilder has regressed since beating stiverne. he didnt look good against molina and looked horrible in his last fight. no balance at all and he was throwing mostly telegraphed arm punches. povetkin is going to do a number on him when they finally fight
              I'm not sold on Wilder at all though I feel with each passing fight he is advancing, Stiverne fought such a poor fight its hard to know what to think of that performance. Jennings vs Wilder is a pick em for me, I'd probably give a slight edge to Jennings but only because with the steady increase of quality from Wilder his power has clearly been less effective to the point he can no longer pick the round he chooses to end the fight.

With regards to his handlers having no confidence in him that's kinda what I think has been the issue with Fury's match making to date, with the near fatal implications of the Firtha, USS and Pajkic fights. I spent the last hour watching highlights of Fury versus Johnson, Hammer, Chisora 1-2 and Abell and I would say Fury does not utilise his height and length to the effect it gives him a far superior advantage against guys 6'4" plus. A fight between Fury and Wilder would have been great to see whilst both are still undefeated, I certainly believe Wilder is the favourite due to the power he has demonstrated to date although I'm not at all sold on Wilder's durability against a top ten guy.

Comment

• James (Boston)

Dano-matic, do you think the WBC will allow Wilder another voluntary defense? And shouldn't Povetkin's team be appealing to the WBC to force Wilder to fight him next?

Dan Rafael, King of the Fight Freak Jungle (1:15 PM)

Knowing the WBC it probably will go back on its rules and allow another optional.

Comment

James (Boston)

Dano-matic, do you think the WBC will allow Wilder another voluntary defense? And shouldn't Povetkin's team be appealing to the WBC to force Wilder to fight him next?

Dan Rafael, King of the Fight Freak Jungle (1:15 PM)

Knowing the WBC it probably will go back on its rules and allow another optional.
                  Gotta love Rafael for calling them out, saying it as it is.

Fact is Povetkin wanted to stay busy whilst he had to wait on Wilder, now we're hearing Wilder wants to make him wait until Spring ?

Personally I'm not even bothered about the defence, I wanna see a unification between Wilder and Klitschko, if this prolonging by Wilder gives us more of a chance of seeing that come to fruition I'm actually all for it. Wilder keeps saying he wants it, Klitschko wants it more than anything else, maybe it would not actually be a bad thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                    Gotta love Rafael for calling them out, saying it as it is.

Fact is Povetkin wanted to stay busy whilst he had to wait on Wilder, now we're hearing Wilder wants to make him wait until Spring ?

Personally I'm not even bothered about the defence, I wanna see a unification between Wilder and Klitschko, if this prolonging by Wilder gives us more of a chance of seeing that come to fruition I'm actually all for it. Wilder keeps saying he wants it, Klitschko wants it more than anything else, maybe it would not actually be a bad thing.
                    I think Wilder stands to make more money fighting Povetkin than he does Klitschko. With Klitschko, it will be a 50/50 split; against Povetkin, Wilder will be able to get 80/20 (I think that's how it works). Also, the Povetkin-Wilder fight will be backed by a Russian billionaire who will spend an exorbitant amount money like they did with Klitschko-Povetkin. Plus, Povetkin is a much more beatable opponent than Wladimir.

Comment

I think Wilder stands to make more money fighting Povetkin than he does Klitschko. With Klitschko, it will be a 50/50 split; against Povetkin, Wilder will be able to get 80/20 (I think that's how it works). Also, the Povetkin-Wilder fight will be backed by a Russian billionaire who will spend an exorbitant amount money like they did with Klitschko-Povetkin. Plus, Povetkin is a much more beatable opponent than Wladimir.
                      That monstrous bid was really to put Ryaninsky and his outfit out there, kinda like when Haymon wasn't going to allow ROC to use one of his men to make huge waves for their coming out party especially given that Haymon was about to unveil his PBC project. Are their really any guarantees Ryaninsky will pay through the nose for the fight ? I'm not saying he will not, likely he will but what assurances are thier ?

I'd like to think if Wilder keeps fighting on NBC gaining the nation wide exposure he could then feature on a showtime ppv versus Wlad, lets be honest that ain't happening against Povetkin, but as you say Ryabinksy could trump all that, his would that even work would it be a joint PBc/Ryabinsky collaboration, I suppose all we can do is speculate right now.

Wat fight would you prefer to see a unification or Wilder facing Povetkin ? I personally do not want to see Povetkin v Wlad again, and what is the likelihood Wlad ever gets his hands on the WBC belt if Povetkin gets ahold of it first ? Ryabinsky has already stated a rematch between the two is certainly not a good idea with international relationships as they are right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X