No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarkX2 View Post
    On Youtube-Channel BoxingTrailer a trailer for the upcoming fight of Manuel "DiamondBoy" Charr on April 12 has been posted. The opponent will be Kevin Johnson, who recently lost to Christian Hammer and Dereck 'DelBoy' Chisora. BoxingTrailer is closely affiliated with DiamondBoy Promotions.

Manuel Charr will have a press conference at 13:00 GMT+1 (about 1 1/2 hours from now)

www DOT youtube DOT com/watch?v=3339N0yTMEE
    Thanks for sharing, man! Look forward to the return of Diamond Boy - the true WBC champ!

Comment

• Adamek vs. Glazkov is sold out

Michael Sprott happy to face Anthony Joshua next

Comment

• Joe Goossen breaks down Scott vs. Wilder

Deontay Wilder training video - mitt work

Comment

• Deontay Wilder tells Haye to stay in 'retirement'

American heavyweight contender, Deontay Wilder, who has won all 30 of his fights inside four rounds, has warned his former sparring partner and ex-WBA champion, David Haye, not to attempt a comeback.

Commenting, Wilder said:

David isn't a true heavyweight as he came up through the cruiserweight ranks and his body must have taken some punishment after going up against bigger guys.

'He should listen to his body and stay in retirement. If he did come back he may also have trouble winning back some of his fans who felt pulling out of those fights with Fury left a disgusting taste.

Comment

• Charr versus Johnson,he's a reasonable opponent.i kinda like this fight.

Hopefully Manny can get himself into position to face the eventual WBC champion,once all these other fights that have been ordered,involving Wilder,Stiverne,Jennings and Perez etc.i think
            Manny will give a good account of himself,he may struggle against the pure boxers like Perez but I see him having no problems against the likes ofWilder and Fury.

Comment

• Sprott is a necessary step-up fight for Joshua ( who contrary to the Fury's seems to be really hungry for the title). However Sprott might give Joshua some problems. I still hae Joshua though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                Charr versus Johnson,he's a reasonable opponent.i kinda like this fight.

Hopefully Manny can get himself into position to face the eventual WBC champion,once all these other fights that have been ordered,involving Wilder,Stiverne,Jennings and Perez etc.i think
                Manny will give a good account of himself,he may struggle against the pure boxers like Perez but I see him having no problems against the likes ofWilder and Fury.
                Charr is indeed a very deceptive fighter. He has a good defence, knows how to put pressure but still has to improve technically. I believe he would have given Haye some troubles.

Comment

• Tomasz Adamek vs. Czar Glazkov: Fight Time, Date, TV Info, Recap and More

Roger Bloodworth Is Expecting a Great Fight Between Tomasz Adamek and Vyacheslav Glazkov on March 15

Bermane Stiverne vs. Chris Arreola II lands on ESPN May 10

Comment

• David Price vs. Ondrej Pala is off

David Price's March 29 fight with Ondrej Pala in Berlin has been cancelled.

Price's German promoter Sauerland has been forced to pull the plug on the whole show because WBO cruiserweight champ Marco Huck, who was headlining the bill, has broken his thumb in training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                      Charr will get stopped here.

You're trolling.give your head a wobble.

I would not be surprised if Manny stopped Kingpin at all.he has an aggressive come forward style unafraid to take risks.the only rounds I expect Charr to slip are the mid to latter rounds where he could be concerned by fatigue,an issue which really hasn't been fully answered yet,especially concerning top class opposition.kingpin won't ask too much of him in that regard though.

Manny has far more heart than Kingpin to possibly lose here.

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
                      Charr is indeed a very deceptive fighter. He has a good defence, knows how to put pressure but still has to improve technically. I believe he would have given Haye some troubles.
                      I'm a big fan.I think Haye knew he was too high risk low reward.obviously he wasn't injured when he withdrew to fight the more lucrative fight against Fury,before withdrawing against Fury for some unbeknown reason.I personally doubt it was an actual injury,maybe Boente convinced him Vitali would face him instead of Stiverene,if he withdrew against Fury haha.that would have been poetic justice.

Youre right,Charr is indeed a fighter with a lot of pedigree and a somewhat lacking technical side.I admire his style,it's very fan friendly.although he looked completely outgunned and outclassed by Vitali,and was resorting to wild lunges and erratic over hand rights like all former Klitschko opponents do in desperate attempts to land something meaningful,as the rounds slip away from themselves.

he can be a danger to anyone else in the division,thus the reason he is struggling to get the worthwhile fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X