• Originally posted by Freedom2013
    Who would you pick in a rematch?

Comment

• Bryant Jennings "You better strap on your boots and get ready for war"

Hughie Fury targeting all the best domestic British heavyweights

Lucas Browne ready and willing to fight Tyson Fury

Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora talk up a 2014 clash

Comment

• Good round from Fury-Chisora I, Del Boy will need to bring more of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2013
          Depends how fit and focused Tyson is after his long layoff.

Fury at his best would beat Chisora at his best.
          Aye, I fancy Fury by stoppage.

Comment

• Wladimir making even more money if its in australia

Comment

• Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
              Wladimir making even more money if its in australia
              Yes, and having it in Australia where it would receive a lot of media attention would make it more interesting.

Comment

• From Dec 26:

Another Gjergjaj fight:

Comment

• Shannon Briggs & Amir Khan help promote boxing in Dubai
                  Today, former WBO Heavyweight Champion, Shannon Briggs, joined British Welterweight, Amir Khan, in opening a new boxing gym in Dubai. Commenting, the UAE’s leading professional boxer, Eisa Al Dah said:

It’s great to have these two superstars of boxing visit our excellent new facilities. We firmly believe that EMD Fitness is already Dubai’s premier venue for boxing, MMA and general fitness training. The staff, services and equipment at our disposal is immense and second to none. The fact we are able to attract leading names such as Amir Khan, who I have a tremendous relationship with, goes to show that we have so much to offer. I’m sure Amir and Shannon will be left very impressed with the facilities and our overall philosophy at EMD Fitness
                  David Haye to join reality TV show?
                  David Haye is rumoured to entering the UK Celebrity Big Brother House in 2014.
                  http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/c...4-line-2969600
                  Last edited by yoz; 12-30-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Deontay Wilder on Career, Plans for 2014

Journalist: Warren Shaw, Yahoo Sports

What are you impressions of the sport right now after being part of one of the best years in boxing's recent history?

DW: 'It's getting back its excitement and I am glad to be a part of that. I'm glad to be one of the most talked about heavyweights, not just in America but around the world. It brings joy to my heart. People always say boxing is dead and I like to say it's not dead it was just asleep for a little while. But I am glad to help bring it back into its glory days. We still got a little ways to go still. Once we get that excitement for an American heavyweight we will see the progress begin. I feel no matter who becomes the next "great" American heavyweight that it will take a special person to be a champion both inside and outside of the ring. People like excitement they like charisma and I feel like I am a person who has all of that'.

The WBC is trying to make a rematch between Chris Arreola and Bermane Stiverne for Klitchko's vacated title. Do you feel you have been passed over? Are you upset at all?

DW: 'I'm not upset at all. It takes a lot for me to get upset. Especially when I can't control fate or what destiny has in store for me. I can only be patient and wait. God has plans for everybody. Things will come in due time. I believe that things may not come when you want but it always comes on time. It might not be my time. Everything I do I try to be optimistic about the situation and know that I'm still in a great position. I wish both of those guys the best. I know we're in an industry where we all want to compete. We all want the same thing but I'm the type of guy who gets excited for other people who are doing well. At the end of the day I am excited for Stiverne and Arreola. Whoever becomes the champion because it's going to be a goal accomplished and a dream come true for one of them. Personally I'm excited for them because I know that I will be next in line to take that away from them. So I will let them enjoy that glory while they can until I can come along and get my own glory'.

You have been dominant since turning pro but some feel that you haven't been tested saying that you haven't fought a real contender yet. Do you feel you have anything to prove to those folks?

DW: 2014 is the year of proving…proving people wrong. They are going to say what they want to say about my opponents just for the simple fact that I knock them out. I don't feel it has anything to do with the name (of his opponents) but with how I handle them. People are going to complain, I mean they did the same thing to (Mike) Tyson saying he fought bums because he was knocking everybody out. But it's the fashion that I fight my opponents in because I'm not the only person that have fought the guys I have fought. Other guys have fought the same opponents I have but they didn't knock them out. Just because I knock all of my opponents out people have a problem with it. People will soon see that what I do to what they call a low opposition guy, I am going to do to the top guy or whoever they feel is the best fighter.

One guy who you mentioned before that doesn't seem to be scared of fighting you is Tyson Fury. You are pretty active on Twitter and recently engaged in some words with Fury over Twitter. Talk a little about that and how that got going.

DW: 'I think the more we get at each other the more hype and the more build up. As far as hype it's like one of the most exciting fights that fans all over want to see. I think I have more fans than he does and everybody wants to come see me smash him. I think that fight is going to be a huge heavyweight fight. I can't wait for it to happen. It's been building up and I think it's going to happen soon. I'm going to prove to the world starting with him that I am the best there is in this division and nobody is going to stop me. When it's all said and done I like Tyson. I always have fun with him making comments and stuff like that and trying to build up the fight. I don't have any hard feelings towards him but I can't wait to fight him'.

So, he will be your next fight?

DW: 'I really hope so. That's who I want. Everybody has to come to agreement on a lot of things and I would love for him to be the guy that I fight next. I really would'.

What do you do in the meantime?

DW: The thing about me is I'm always in the gym. I am in the gym every day. After I fight I probably take a week off and then we're right back up in the gym…I feel super strong right now. I stay working out just getting ready for that call. So that if my managers or advisors call me and ask me if I'm ready, I say that's an understatement. I'm always ready whenever, whoever, wherever. I like to travel too. So I would like to come to your city, your state, your country, your hometown or whatever and bring the upset.

As fighters gain notoriety they typically fight less especially once they've earned a belt. Do you eventually want to slow down?

DW: No,no, no, no! I already talked to one of my co-managers, Jay Deas, about that as well. I want to be a busy heavyweight. You see some guys get the belt and fight one maybe two or three times a year. I want to be that guy that fights four or five times a year man. Because when I'm consistent, I'm always great…I want to be as busy as possible once I become champion. I don't want the guys that are under me to be waiting. If they want to be champ and are ready to come and get it I want to give them the opportunity. I don't want to just sit back and hold belts. I feel when you only fight one or two times a year you're just holding that belt…holding it stealing all the glory of being a champion when you have hungry guys that are ready to fight for it. I want to be as consistent as possible.

For the full interview, see: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/next-bi...0428--box.html

Comment

• Lucas Browne ready to fight Tyson Fury

Comment

Working...
                      X