No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    arreola is going to steamroll stiverne. i can't see this fight going past 4 or 5 rounds. stiverne has a good win over austin but he was losing this fight before the knock out blow. the thing that must be taken into account is arreola has never beaten a legit contender, stiverne has so maybe this will be a better fight then i think but stiverne wasn't in great shape for his last fight.
    i shake my head at wilder & his tough competition to this point in his career. beck then manswell was ok but i figured he be gunning for some tougher journeymen like gavern or firtha but instead another dud...
    Can't see Arreola steamrolling anyone approaching half decent, I'll go for him on points though.

Wilder is irrelevant, I'm through with him

Comment

• Agree about Wilder - if his management are still putting him in farcical matchups 25 bouts into his pro career after a decent amateur career, then it looks like he's a pure hype job.

Scottish heavyweight David Price is the up & coming guy that is looking like the real deal, & hoping to see more of him.
      Hopefully he will get rid of Audley Harrison for good, although it is still a dangerous fight against a much more experienced opponent, no matter how inconsistent or full of cr*p Harrison is.

For a fan of the professionalism in boxing, Please David, knock this a**hole clean out of the ring!

Comment

• Originally posted by macman View Post
        Agree about Wilder - if his management are still putting him in farcical matchups 25 bouts into his pro career after a decent amateur career, then it looks like he's a pure hype job.
        It worked ok for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Wilder will be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Can't see Arreola steamrolling anyone approaching half decent, I'll go for him on points though.

Wilder is irrelevant, I'm through with him
          arreola is a B level fighter. he is much like ray mercer was in the 90s. lots of talent, solid chin but just lacking the dedication needed to reach the top level. arreola will win some bigs fights but will never be in the upper echelon. he is exciting to watch & he is always interesting to listen too after. i have watched several of stiverne's fights & he was in the ring with softies most of his career. he has lost to demetrus king & had a draw with charles davis but does have a big come from behind knockout win over ray austin. his loss to king i don't worry too much about because it was an early stoppage in my eyes.don king got him in a great position when he matched stiverne up with manswell. manswell had a bloated 20-0 mark & they fought for 3 vacant regional titles. that win got him in the eliminator vs austin. now he is 1 fight away from a title shot & he can thank don king for angling him to his current position. the win over austin was huge but i'm not sure how good he really is. arreola will be in his face from the opening bell so he will be forced to fight. a battle of B level heavyweights.

Comment

• just watched pulev vs dimitrenko...

pulev was in good shape & has a rock solid chin. he took some big bombs from dimitrenko & kept coming. by the 8th round pulev was teeing off on sasha & you could see dimitrenko getting discouraged. he didn't like being cut & he started to hug & fall down from exhaustion. i think pulev is a little slow & keeps his hands down too often but he looks like a legit contender. dimitrenko has some good skills but he lacks heart but i think that also could be from a lack of preparation. he has one of the worst teams i have ever seen. he got no advice in his corner inbetween rounds & when sasha realized pulev could take his best he had no plan B. his corner kept saying you are in this fight & didn't give him any pointers. then occasionally you would hear 1,2 sasha, 1 2. dimitrenko needs a new team around him. a world class trainer would do wonders for this guy. he has skill but he has no guidance. there is definitely something to work with. i won't write him off yet. he is like arreola in the sense that his 2 biggest fights he's 0-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
              Ruslan Chagaev looks to be in better shape at this morning's weigh-in:

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2012-08-31_17_02.html
              Nice! He lost a lot of weight, obviously.

Comment

Wow! Ruslan looks pretty good! Nice to see he's taking a journeyman opponent seriously and training well.

Comment

he looks in great shape. hopefully he can put the right team together & take another run at a title.

Comment

Former WBA heavyweight champion Ruslan Chagaev (30-2-1, 19 KOs) defeated journeyman Werner Kreiskott (12-19-1, 8 KOs) by seventh round technical knockout. Chagaev dominated the fight from the beginning, as his opponent, while tough, was no match for him. Kreiskott was down twice in the fifth and once in the seventh. It was Chagaev’s first fight under the Sturm Box-Promotion banner.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...val-krejskotta
                    signing with sturm could have been a mistake since sturm just lost his title. wish he would have thrown more body shots but otherwise he got some good work in.

Comment

Bad stoppage; the opponent was a warrior who deserved to fight on! Anyway, good work from Chagaev. He landed a fast, strong body shot early that really surprised me. His work rate, which still a little lacking, has improved due to his fitness. I hope he keeps it up and eventually ends up with a big name. Liakhovich, Helenius, Haye, Chisora, or Fury would all be good fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X