Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Haye destroys this guy so he can just go away. He says the most ridiculous stuff & is so annoying.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Trollson Fury.

Comment

• Foreman did not come back at 47 idiot he had been back for over a damn decade

Comment

• Lewis in his out of shape old self would still beat this clown.

Comment

• Robert Helenius is moving from Germany back to Finland,probably leaving Sauerland too,definitely getting a new coach.Comeback fight is 3-4 months away

Comment

• Heavyweight hopeful Anthony Joshua's pro debut:

Comment

• Alexander Dimitrenko fight against Saxton to be held in Las Vegas or Moscow

Alexander, what are your thoughts on the WBC World Cup?
                    I like the idea. I almost immediately agreed to participate. A contract to fight with (Sam) ***ton has not been signed, but I think it will happen soon.

Where will this fight be held?
                    There are two possible venues: Las Vegas and Moscow. But I think that it will most likely be held in Moscow.

Moscow is becoming quite a popular venue for big fights. You were present at Klitschko-Povetkin?
                    Yes, I was in the audience that day.

What can you say about the main event? Many professionals and journalists were critical of the event and of Wladimir's style, considering it was one of the biggest championship fights in recent years. Do you agree with that?
                    Certainly. The battle turned out not really very exciting and for the most part held in a clinch.

Why do you think the fight took place in this way?
                    I believe that almost all the initiated clinches were the fault of Wladimir. I think he should have earned a disqualification.

In this battle, who were you rooting for? Klitschko or Povetkin?
                    I was hoping for a great fight. The fight could have been spectacular, if it wasn't for Wladimir's clinches. The Heavyweight has been the target of criticism for some time and such fights only worsen its reputation.

Alexander, you helped David Haye prepare for a fight with Tyson Fury as a sparring partner. How was sparring?
                    Haye is a great boxer. Very clever, powerful and fast. Initially with him was not easy, but then I adapted and was generally pleased with the sparring. He and I became friends, and he has invited me to his next training camp.

Comment

• Andy Ruiz scores win over Tor Hamer.

Hamer and Ruiz had plenty of quality exchanges in the first two rounds of the fight, but Ruiz landed more frequently. That momentum seemingly gave Ruiz confidence and the Mexican used his weighty frame to unload on Hamer's body and head in the third and fourth rounds, which prompted Hamer to call it a night.

Comment

Working...
                      X