No announcement yet.

Roach on Floyd: "Very difficult fight...his style does give us trouble."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    1. if your talking about the check hook that caugfht hatton, no....he caught hatton with it before he could attack...a counter is a punch you thro
    when your oppnent is ON the attaack , not before......show me a vid where he uses those punches as counters...

2.i hope floyd finally mans up ..
    3. bottomline is floyd had a hard time with a past prime hoya when osacr was not gassed out...pac vs marquez III...close fight, could've gone either way..
    1. A counter punch is a punch thrown where an opening is created by a fighther throwing a punch.

2. Completely subjective and has nothing to do with my ponit. Stop wasting time.

3. Floyd didn't have as hard a time against Oscar as was being perpetuated for the feeble to believe. I agree he couldv'e done much more, but he was never in any danger of losing...Pac-Marquez III: close, Floyd-Marquez: blowout. Chris John beat Marquez easier than Manny too, based on the scorecards. Revise your strategy here.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
      1. A counter punch is a punch thrown where an opening is created by a fighther throwing a punch.

2. Completely subjective and has nothing to do with my ponit. Stop wasting time.

3. Floyd didn't have as hard a time against Oscar as was being perpetuated for the feeble to believe. I agree he couldv'e done much more, but he was never in any danger of losing...Pac-Marquez III: close, Floyd-Marquez: blowout. Chris John beat Marquez easier than Manny too, based on the scorecards. Revise your strategy here.
      lol....

1. that's exactly what i said whith difrent words...what punch did ricky throw whn floyd caught him with that check hook?....none, haton got hit before he could throw...

2. then stop asking dumb questions if you dont want dumb answewrs
      3. denial...coulda, shoulda would, ..fact is he did'nt...marquez knows how to fight pacquaio..why do you like repaeting that, floyd does not fight like jmm..

Comment

Roach can't help but admit the truth .....

Anybody on this planet, that states "Floyd is an easy fight", with the amount of experience he has, with the natural talent he has, with the outstanding work ethic he has, with the dedication he has, and on top of all that, the unbelievable skillset Floyd has is deluding themselves on a COSMIC level .... and should be ignored.

Anybody with sense just got to give the Man his props!!!!!

Comment

that is true....problem does not necessary mean a sure loss, dumb dumb.....floyd does not like non stop pressure , you think he'd lose to every pressure fighter in the game?...
          against gd counter punchers/boxers manny doesnt throw as many punches, against clottey/margarito he averaged almost 100 punches per round but this yr he has averaged a little over 50 per round which shows pac's pressure isnt has high when he is worried with what is coming back

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            Roach can't help but admit the truth .....

Anybody on this planet, that states "Floyd is an easy fight", with the amount of experience he has, with the natural talent he has, with the outstanding work ethic he has, with the dedication he has, and on top of all that, the unbelievable skillset Floyd has is deluding themselves on a COSMIC level .... and should be ignored.

Anybody with sense just got to give the Man his props!!!!!
            Both manny and roach have always had great respect for floyd's skills. In every interview roach had regarding Floyd, he'd always said floyd would be a tough nut to crack.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
              against gd counter punchers/boxers manny doesnt throw as many punches, against clottey/margarito he averaged almost 100 punches per round but this yr he has averaged a little over 50 per round which shows pac's pressure isnt has high when he is worried with what is coming back
              actaully he does...not as much as as 100 punches per round but he does thrwo hell of a lot.....he is a volume puncher for a reason...againts jmm 3 , yes his output was a low compared to his usual...that could be due to jmm knowing how to fight him already .

Comment

Originally posted by Best in Boxing View Post
                How tough he thinks the Mayweather fight would be if it happens:"Very difficult fight. He is a good counter-puncher and his style does give us trouble. He does have some Marquez similarities but he's actually a lot faster than Marquez so he does pose a bigger problem. Manny, in his last fight, he kinda fell back into the realm when he fought this guy the first two times. He didn't use the improvements he's been working on to beat these bigger and better guys. He kinda went right back to what he did in the first two fights. That wasn't enough and that wasn't really effective. I think Mayweather will bring out the best in Manny. It's gonna have to because if not we're not gonna be there in the end."
                Here Roach acknowledges what the problem is with Manny but almost in the same thought engages in magical thinking that somehow Manny will adjust to the occasion of fighting with Floyd. If I had a guy like him in my corner I don't know that I'd be so confident. He sounds like a trainer that has almost resigned himself to the fact that Mayweather is going to beat the breaks off of his boy Pacquiao.

Comment

lol....

1. that's exactly what i said whith difrent words...what punch did ricky throw whn floyd caught him with that check hook?....none, haton got hit before he could throw...

2. then stop asking dumb questions if you dont want dumb answewrs
                  3. denial...coulda, shoulda would, ..fact is he did'nt...marquez knows how to fight pacquaio..why do you like repaeting that, floyd does not fight like jmm..
                  1. Watch the ending again. Hatton got hit when he opened up to throw a left hook. Not sure if you're trolling or if you've never seen the fight.

2. Again, not sure what you're talking about. When someone melts down when confronted with the truth, it tells any rational observer what they need to know.

3. Okay, I'll humor you. Did Torrecampo know how to fight Pacquiao? Did Floyd know how to fight Marquez? What makes you think Pacquiao knows how to fight Floyd?

Comment

actaully he does...not as much as as 100 punches per round but he does thrwo hell of a lot.....he is a volume puncher for a reason...againts jmm 3 , yes his output was a low compared to his usual...that could be due to jmm knowing how to fight him already .
                    i agree he is a very gd pressure fighter but against mosley/marquez he averaged 657 punches in the fight n against clottey/margarito he threw over 1150 punches.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
                      1. Watch the ending again. Hatton got hit when he opened up to throw a left hook. Not sure if you're trolling or if you've never seen the fight. 2. Again, not sure what you're talking about. When someone melts down when confronted with the truth, it tells any rational observer what they need to know. 3. Okay, I'll humor you. Did Torrecampo know how to fight Pacquiao? Did Floyd know how to fight Marquez? What makes you think Pacquiao knows how to fight Floyd?
                      1.how about i just embed the vid...at 1:04 mark

....what lefthook are you talking about?....are you seein things that are not there?...lol 2. nonsense 3. he prolly did...pac was making anme for himslef at that time ... beacese lots of inferior southpaws knew how to fight floyd ..they were just not good enough to keep doing what was giving floyd problems and that due to floyd inflciting damagae to them too...
                      Last edited by puga; 12-08-2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X