No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Lee vs. Martin Murray in Talks For Martinez-Macklin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    i doubt that even comes off and because this will be on hbo. if he can beat another hbo hypester they might decide to turn him into one of their hbo hypesters or at least try to get martinez to figth him. even if pirog beats geale so what. no one will see it or care and martinez will just keep fighting bums and say pirog is a nobody.
    If Pirog beats Geale, he'll be a unified champ. In addition ring magazine currently has Geale at #1 so beating him will make Pirog the highest rank middleweight after Martinez. Unless Martinez is able to secure a big fight at 154 (unlikely), Pirog will be in a very good position to be Martinez' next opponent if he beats Geale on Showtime. Even more so than if he beats Lee. Before the Barker fight was announced, HBO was trying really hard to get Geale to be Martinez' next opponent who has never been on American TV (they even offered 1 million), but he refused. HBO would definitely be pushing the Pirog fight with that Geale win.

Eitherway, I doubt there's enough money in the HBO budget to have to championship bouts in a single card. Too expensive.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 12-08-2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
      Martinez really needs to dump DiBella. ****ing Matthew Macklin, I'm getting sick of DiBella putting Martinez against all these brits.
      Mackln is Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Any body else tired of Andy Lee being on everyone of Sergio's undercard?
        He should be fighting sexy, he is more deserving right now than anyone at 160 I think.

Comment

poor choice of fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
            Mackln is Irish.
            I know but Macklin was born in the UK, so he's British. in the same way Amir Khan is a Brit.

either way I'm a Martinez fan but it's a fight I have no interest in whatsoever, nor is Andy Lee. none of those guys help Sergio in his p4p quest.
            DiBella is just using Sergio to build up Macklin.

if Macklin goes the distance it ups his profile but for Martinez it's a lose lose situation for Martinez. beating Macklin means nothing, nobody will care.

DiBella should just let Arum buy him out for a Cotto Martinez fight. Arum low balled DiBella in the Cotto Martinez negoations and DiBella gets pissed and that's that's. Martinez should just take whatever Arum offers just to fight Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              If Pirog beats Geale, he'll be a unified champ. In addition ring magazine currently has Geale at #1 so beating him will make Pirog the highest rank middleweight after Martinez. Unless Martinez is able to secure a big fight at 154 (unlikely), Pirog will be in a very good position to be Martinez' next opponent if he beats Geale on Showtime. Even more so than if he beats Lee. Before the Barker fight was announced, HBO was trying really hard to get Geale to be Martinez' next opponent who has never been on American TV (they even offered 1 million), but he refused. HBO would definitely be pushing the Pirog fight with that Geale win.

Eitherway, I doubt there's enough money in the HBO budget to have to championship bouts in a single card. Too expensive.
              i agree with your logic but remember this is boxing. "deserves got nothing to do with it"-clint eastwood. hbo is basically a promoter. their goal is to protect martinez. they don't want him to lose just like they don't want alvarez/chavez jr to lose so they keep showing bum fights. the only time they will risk one of their guys losing is if its to one of their other guys in a huge money fight where they can continue making money on the winner. for example they tried to make khan-bradley because they have both guys fighting on hbo regularly. pirog/martinez doesn't fall under that criteria so it will never happen unless pirog makes a name for himself on hbo but that doesn't seem likely.
              Last edited by daggum; 12-08-2011, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                i doubt that even comes off and because this will be on hbo. if he can beat another hbo hypester they might decide to turn him into one of their hbo hypesters or at least try to get martinez to figth him. even if pirog beats geale so what. no one will see it or care and martinez will just keep fighting bums and say pirog is a nobody.

This. . . this. . . and THIS! Well DAGGUM! he speaks the truth!

Comment

Andy Lee needs to step it up.

This guy has been in "prospect" mode for far too long.

Canelo, JCC Jr, Andy Lee, and Co. are all life long prospects.

Comment

St Patty's day? Is that a bit like St Paddy's day?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      So what....Martin Murray is next for Sergio?

If you're British and have a close fight with an ageing Felix Sturm, then you're better than Pirog!!!
                      If you're British, you're not better than Pirog.

Comment

Working...
                      X