Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward: Cotto Rematch is a Tough Fight For Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto has nothing for pac. He fought feather fisted foreman, fought a shot old man in mayorga and margarito who was destroyed by pac. It all looks good on paper but he never really had anything to offer and much less ever had a chance against pac. On the rematch pac would KO him in 4

Comment

WAHAHA Cotto get inline behind May and JMM thats i got to say

Comment

The truth is that Pac wasn't even going full blast in the Cotto fight but if he did than Cotto would've been ktfo in 6 rounds.

The other truth is that would KTFO outta both Cotto and Marg last Saturday night one right after the other and could possibly do it at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
          Cotto can't box in a way needed to win that fight. He can't box going backwards, he is very flat footed and has to set himself to throw punches

I like Cotto but he is who he's always been: a good, not great, fighter
          What... the... ****... Cotto can't box backwards and he is very flat footed. This clown says this and another guys says Cotto ran the whole fight, didn't know you could run flat footed go figure. Also, he SHOULDN'T box backwards facing Manny its a great thing you aren't a trainer, considering that is EXACTLY what he did in the fight against Manny. He slugged it out, got hurt and didn't nothing but "flat footedly RUN AWAY" the rest of the fight. Lmao, you guys are idiots. Cotto has more power, speed and footwork than Marquez. If he turns Manny like Marquez did Cotto stands a fair chance, his first fight with Pac he was training himself and you could tell he was. He got WORSE as a fighter since the Marg fight, until he fought Manny. Then he got a new trainer(s) and now his footwork, speed, power, defense and just about everything is better. Trainers are NEEDED, real trainers, for fighters because they see the fighter from a 3rd person view not 1st.

For example, I always thought I had a good left hook. Turned out I would lunge my body up as I threw it, I never noticed I was doing that. My technique was flawed and if the guy watching me didn't know better I would have never fixed it. It isn't just that as well, strategy, training, mentality etc... all these things are something a trainer brings (A REAL TRAINER) that a 30 year old nutrionist who never boxed a day in his life would never know.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
            If Cotto had a right hand he would win. But he doesnt so he wont.
            this

even at 154 Pac would still beat the hell out of Cotto, his style is tailormade for Pac

Cotto can't hurt **** with his right hand, plus he won't win the fight by backpedalling like he did with Marg

you won't beat Pac at Vegas fighting like that, at some point he has to engage him in a brawl

Comment

Wait a minute, Cotto had a fight with terrible fighters like foreman and mayorga but helped him in his timing. Margarito had a year off and an eye missing! Cotto is krap.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                Wait a minute, Cotto had a fight with terrible fighters like foreman and mayorga but helped him in his timing. Margarito had a year off and an eye missing! Cotto is krap.
                Wow ur a ****in hater....I bet ur a mexi**** !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                  this

even at 154 Pac would still beat the hell out of Cotto, his style is tailormade for Pac

Cotto can't hurt **** with his right hand, plus he won't win the fight by backpedalling like he did with Marg

you won't beat Pac at Vegas fighting like that, at some point he has to engage him in a brawl
                  That is what they said about the marg rematch....be careful what u say

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    The truth is that Pac wasn't even going full blast in the Cotto fight but if he did than Cotto would've been ktfo in 6 rounds.

The other truth is that would KTFO outta both Cotto and Marg last Saturday night one right after the other and could possibly do it at the same time.
                    Easy to say at a catch weight.... Kinda looked like sh¡t vs an old man
                    Last edited by Samadafish; 12-07-2011, 11:27 PM. Reason: Wrong

Comment

Steward: Cotto Rematch is a Tough Fight For Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao demanded that his 2009 fight with Cotto be at 145?? The extra two pounds that Cotto had to shed had a negative effect in his performance. The minute I saw Cotto at the weigh-in I could tell he was weight drained. Cotto started fighting well but soon stayed without gas not so much because of his poor stamina but also because of having to starve himself to make weight. I think his loss had a lot to do with the weight issue. This was not the case with Joshua Clottey, A. Margarito, and Shane Mosley fights which were fought at the 147 limit.
                      Cotto is a smart fighter, he has corrected most of his past mistakes, he continues to learn, his stamina has improved and could still improve more.
                      When Emmanuel Steward says that a "Cotto rematch would be a tough fight for Pacquiao" he knows exactly what he's talking about. Under Steward's guidance Cotto would have a good shot at beating Pacquiao and if he believes that Cotto with his current team would present a tough fight for Pacquiao I have no doubt that he knows what he's saying and I take him at his word.

Comment

Working...
                      X