Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QS2 View Post
    cotto is done.
    lets look at his previous fights.

his win over clottey wasn't great, he did not dominated clottey.
    then there is mayorga, the wild swinging slugger with no skills.
    foreman was fighting with 1 leg! IMAGINE cotto fighting with 1 leg.
    finally margarito, a walking punching bag with no defense (other than his face).

cotto's best days are gone.
    Total punches

Cotto/Margo 2

Cotto - 210/493 (43%)
    Margarito - 157/700 (22%)

Pacquiao/Margarito (first 9 rounds)

Pacquiao - 321/773 (42%)
    Margarito - 197/638 (31%)

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Marquez has laid the blueprint on how to beat Pacquiao. All Cotto would have to do is study those fights, (especially #3) and the battle will be half-won. Pacquiao is more flat-footed now, his foot speed is not as miraculous as it used to be, so Cotto could out-maneuver him like JMM did. Not that Cotto's counter-punching ability is up there with JMM, but he has a little more power and decent timing as well. 150+, Cotto has the advantage. Did everyone forget that their first fight took place at 145? If this fight ever pops off, expect for Team Pac to drain Cotto even worst this time.
      cotto can study "the game plan" all he wants but he doesnt have the skills nor the boxing IQ to execute it !!!!! if out manuver means just run all night well we saw that before in the first fight and manny just waited for him to get tired then he pounced on him like a lion waiting in the grass of africa stalking a zebra !!!!!!! once the zebra lets down his gaurd the lion will rip him apart !!!!!

cotto doesnt move fast or well enough to avoid the lion !!!!

Last edited by treason1; 12-07-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Cotto doesn't have the style to beat Pac based on the last fight so rule that out. However, I think him and Mayweather would be a good matchup. I would pay for that fight. WAR COTTO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
          Total punches

Cotto/Margo 2

Cotto - 210/493 (43%)
          Margarito - 157/700 (22%)

Pacquiao/Margarito (first 9 rounds)

Pacquiao - 321/773 (42%)
          Margarito - 197/638 (31%)
          are you saying that margarito's damaged eye had nothing to
          do with cotto's impressive performance?

Comment

are you saying that margarito's damaged eye had nothing to
            do with cotto's impressive performance?
            nonsense!! cotto showed good footwork and movements against marg, its a whole new cotto! this cotto will beat pac and floyd at once on the same night!

Comment

Actually, I think Cotto does have a chance against Pacman in a second fight. I don't think you know too much about Boxing history, especially Cotto's. I'll let you find that out if you care. At least remember that in the fight against Clottey he was fighting with one eye and it's really hard to look spectacular against Clottey anyways. Mayorga...well, he is very dangerous. Don't forget what he did to V. Forest. TWICE!! And Foreman, I agree with you on that one but maybe he went in there with the knee brace in case he couldn't take it use it as an excuse, which he did.

cotto is done.
              lets look at his previous fights.

his win over clottey wasn't great, he did not dominated clottey.
              then there is mayorga, the wild swinging slugger with no skills.
              foreman was fighting with 1 leg! IMAGINE cotto fighting with 1 leg.
              finally margarito, a walking punching bag with no defense (other than his face).

cotto's best days are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Luis Erazo View Post
                Actually, I think Cotto does have a chance against Pacman in a second fight. I don't think you know too much about Boxing history, especially Cotto's. I'll let you find that out if you care. At least remember that in the fight against Clottey he was fighting with one eye and it's really hard to look spectacular against Clottey anyways. Mayorga...well, he is very dangerous. Don't forget what he did to V. Forest. TWICE!! And Foreman, I agree with you on that one but maybe he went in there with the knee brace in case he couldn't take it use it as an excuse, which he did.
                i been following Cotto back in the days when he had an AFRO hair.
                he is done.

Comment

Of course Cotto, who's settled in at 154, would be a tougher fight for Pac, who's still a 140 lber at most (and a rather small 140 lber at that.)
                  Last edited by 2shameless; 12-07-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                    Cotto doesn't have the style to beat Pac based on the last fight so rule that out. However, I think him and Mayweather would be a good matchup. I would pay for that fight. WAR COTTO!!!!!!!!!
                    O' rly?

You tell me what kind of style is needed to beat pac

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
                      even Steward says it would have been rough, a ''struggle'' for Cotto in the last few rounds

he knows better than everybody here
                      That doesn't mean he's saying Cotto gets dropped in the next 2 rounds like some have been insinuating.

Comment

Working...
                      X