No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Ready: I Hope To Fight Miguel Cotto Next Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
    If he gets stripped for not fighting Martinez, I do not see any reason Cotto should take the fight. No belt, no need to move up to 160, Cotto vs Canelo in 2012 is what Im digging.
    I agree Cotto vs Canelo would be huge and could generate big numbers. But one of two things that Bob will try to do. He will try to covince the wbc to not strip Chavez (paying them off) or he will get some other corrupt organization to create a belt and have chavez vs taxi driver in early Feb for the title. And now Arum has Cotto fighting for a 4th title in 4th division around april may or june

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
      Junior's best bet is making the Superfight with Canelo @ Azteca.

Or just fight ANOTHER tomato can.
      Canelo-Chavez is the fight that needs to happen. Cotto has other options.

Comment

I love how Jr is trying to fight smaller fighters and justifying the fight cause Cotto beat a mexican.

Next thing you know he will say that he wont fight Rubio cause he is mexican too.

The WBC will make sure they will sidestep Martinez at all costs.

Jr continues to be a joke

Comment

Fight Martinez and stop looking at JrMWs.

Comment

Damn Jr. anything not to fight Maravilla or Rubio. SMH

Comment

The only thing Chavez has over Cotto is size. Cotto stills schools Chavez at 160 .Chavez has already been beaten 2x by Carlos molina but got the gift. Chavez is a name and Cotto is a fighter big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobo View Post
                The only thing Chavez has over Cotto is size. Cotto stills schools Chavez at 160 .Chavez has already been beaten 2x by Carlos molina but got the gift. Chavez is a name and Cotto is a fighter big difference.
                Yea right.. Chavez is way too big for Cotto, I don't see Cotto hurting Chavez at any point. Chavez outworks him and If Cotto tries to brawl with him then Chavez KO's him.. Cotto is a midget compared to Chavez and will likely be outweighed by 20 pounds.. That fight won't happen though

Comment

It's just funny how this guy is avoiding Sergio Martinez.

Comment

call me whatever you want, but I'll put my money with JCC Jr

Comment

I bet Cotto would fight Martinez at 154. Martinez said he would go down to 150 to fight Pacquiao so 154 should not be a problem. At 160, it's not ducking. It's just not a fair fight. At 154, it's a fair fight and I don't think Cotto would duck him cuz that's not his style. As long as the money is right for both fighters, this is the fight that should happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X