No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Virgil Hunter: Andre Ward Will Knock Out Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K2ray View Post
    And my gullible British friend, I presume you're in Ward's Brain to deduce that...get serious fool. Anyone can get KO'd and it just happens to be your boys turn on Dec 17th. Ward feels he's in beastmode so don't be surprised to see a extravagantly amazing KO similar to the one your coke snorting avatar experienced at the hands of PBF
    Well, if by some miracle Ward does score a KO win, I hope it's more legitimate than the ref-assisted KO Mayweather needed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      The fight changed in and around the 9th round. Dirrell had completely out-boxed Abraham for 8 rounds but crucially never hurt him, from then on Arthur was the hunter and Dirrell was running and diving to the deck trying to run time down.

Sadly Abraham let frustration get the better of him and gave Dirrell a way out.

I can see Dirrell is an excellent boxer, but he lacks something as a fighter and that's why he's not in the Super 6 any longer and not considered at the top of the division.
      The fight was changing as Dirrell already had it won, he only had to keep away from trouble and he did so...Abraham got frustrated and did what he did.

Does Dirrell lack killer instinct? Perhaps, but that's not why he's out of the tournament. He's out because he got a very unfair result against Carl and then was kept out of the ring after the Abraham incident. I'll pick Dirrell to beat Ward if they meet after the Super Six.

Comment

Bump away, regardless of the result Froch will go out on his shield and do Britain proud.
        This tells me YOU know ole big nose will lose...I'm just predicting by KO via the perfect liver shot.

Can't wait for the fireworks on Dec 17th

Comment

I doubt it,if anyone is getting stopped its going to be Ward imo..

Comment

Well, if by some miracle Ward does score a KO win, I hope it's more legitimate than the ref-assisted KO Mayweather needed.
            Oh yeah we all remember Cortez manhandling cokehatton (headfirst) into the ringpost. and nothing of the check-hook!

Comment

Originally posted by K2ray View Post
              ^^^THIS^^^^

Only delusional brits who incidentally predicted that the one dimensional Hatton would "walk through PBF punches" think otherwise.

Ward TKO 6th round.
              Mayweather has underrated power. I always thought he had it in him to stop Hatton especially given the way Hatton ran into shots.

Froch really fight anything like Hatton. And Ward doesnt have the same kinda power Mayweather has.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                The fight was changing as Dirrell already had it won, he only had to keep away from trouble and he did so...Abraham got frustrated and did what he did.
                Dirrell did have it won on the cards, but Abraham knocked him down in the 10th and began to land a lot more frequently.

Does Dirrell lack killer instinct? Perhaps, but that's not why he's out of the tournament. He's out because he got a very unfair result against Carl and then was kept out of the ring after the Abraham incident. I'll pick Dirrell to beat Ward if they meet after the Super Six.
                I'm not sure about killer instinct, but it seems when the going gets tough Dirrell doesn't want to know. For something like 7 or 8 rounds he refused to engage with Froch falling to the ground at every opportunity. When the Abraham fight was heating up towards the end he preferred the easy way out.

Imo Dirrell's a top boxer, but he doesn't appear to have the heart that some fighters do and which you probably need to be the best.

I give Mayweather a lot of stick but he showed against Mosley and Castillo he could rough it out when he needed to.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 12-07-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Mayweather has underrated power. I always thought he had it in him to stop Hatton especially given the way Hatton ran into shots.

Froch really fight anything like Hatton. And Ward doesnt have the same kinda power Mayweather has.
                  Buddy, you'll be saying the same thing about Ward on the evening of Dec 17th. As Hatton lunges with his punches, Froch amateurishly swings with his:both styles ask for the perfectly timed punch to lead to a KO.

Ward TKO 6th round.

Comment

Schooling probably, no KO or TKO to top it off though.

Comment

This is what I've been saying for a few weeks now.

Froch is too prone to get hit. The accumulation of shots is what will stop Froch.

Ward TKO 11 ref/doctor stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X