Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen the Box Azteca broadcast of Cotto-Margarito II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
    Seriously, I don't want to throw more fuel to the fire considering the threads that have been flooding the forum these days, but I find it very distasteful when someone from the broadcast team, which is supposed to be objective and professional, shows total bias and verges on disrespectful.
    Have you ever heard the HBO announcer team? I understand that you're upset that he called Cotto a coward but don't make a big deal of it. It's Chavez, he's a Mexican with the reputation of a give 2 take 1 action fighter. Of course he's gonna be biased.

Comment

Originally posted by mexicanwarrior1 View Post
      this puto ricans are still but hurt till this day that he raped all the ricans they put infront of him. The best line he has said was during the juanma salido fight I believe he said. "ese juanma se me ase muy creido muy presumido como todos los puertoriquenos." lol that had me rolling for days. But what are people complaining about they are a brodcast team for mexico in which they cheer for their own all countrys do it except the america bc it is the melting pot.
      This crap is exactly why this forum goes down the toilet. Whoever justifies comments like that is as ignorant as Chavez. Reply whatever you want to reply. This nationalistic ignorance is about as amusing as a kick in the nuts.

Comment

This crap is exactly why this forum goes down the toilet. Whoever justifies comments like that is as ignorant as Chavez. Reply whatever you want to reply. This nationalistic ignorance is about as amusing as a kick in the nuts.
        what the fck do you care? They are not doing it for ricans or americans it is a mexican station whose lone purpose is to support their fighters. All they do is cheer for mexican fighters bc they only brodcast for mexico and people love to support their own.It happens every where except for the US. If your ***** ass doesnt like it dont go looking for it on youtube simple as that. I find it comical

Comment

what the fck do you care? They are not doing it for ricans or americans it is a mexican station whose lone purpose is to support their fighters. All they do is cheer for mexican fighters bc they only brodcast for mexico and people love to support their own.It happens every where except for the US. If your ***** ass doesnt like it dont go looking for it on youtube simple as that. I find it comical
          What's comical is that you have nothing to add to this discussion, just the usual nationalistic trolling. I don't have time to waste on ignorants. Would you like a TV station from PR to insult Mexican citizens? It's one thing to badmouth fighters and a whole different thing to attack the citizens in general.

Comment

**** Chavez!

Comment

What's comical is that you have nothing to add to this discussion, just the usual nationalistic trolling. I don't have time to waste on ignorants. Would you like a TV station from PR to insult Mexican citizens? It's one thing to badmouth fighters and a whole different thing to attack the citizens in general.
              Esta cabron. Cuando las peleas las transmiten en PR, ningun comentarista habla mal de un mexicano. Pero es justificable que ellos lo hagan. Ademas de malos perdedores son unos acomplejados.

Comment

people, you have to realize that PR commentators have class and work ethic, the Mexican commentators are and always will be haters towards the PR fighters. Do you not watch tecate boxing? Have you guys even heard Chavez in the first Cotto -Cheato fight, you would think Mexico won the world cup. All that came out of his mouth was "Le ganamos a un Puertoriqueno, Le ganamos" he said it like ten times. Pathetic. And to mexican warrior, ok Chavez beat every PR, but Tito annihilated every mexican put in front of him.. End of story

Comment

That's okay. That's not really the problem. PR commentators will root or look for the positive things in a fight for a Puerto Rican, just as a Mexican commentator will most likely root for a Mexican in a fight. The problem that Exciterx24 was stating is when you have a commentator BASHING the other fighter and generalizing an ethnic background. If he wants to root for Mexicans, no problem. A bit unprofessional, but it happens to everybody, so you can give him a pass for that. The problem is when you have him saying things like, "Puerto Ricans don't have heart! Puerto Ricans are all overconfident!"

I guess Gómez, Trinidad, and Benítez became great fighters without heart and confidence according to his logic.

Comment

This guy speaks the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                      That's okay. That's not really the problem. PR commentators will root or look for the positive things in a fight for a Puerto Rican, just as a Mexican commentator will most likely root for a Mexican in a fight. The problem that Exciterx24 was stating is when you have a commentator BASHING the other fighter and generalizing an ethnic background. If he wants to root for Mexicans, no problem. A bit unprofessional, but it happens to everybody, so you can give him a pass for that. The problem is when you have him saying things like, "Puerto Ricans don't have heart! Puerto Ricans are all overconfident!"

I guess Gómez, Trinidad, and Benítez became great fighters without heart and confidence according to his logic.

That kind of talk is toned down hate speech. I'm sorry, but that's what it is.

It's a toned down, ethnic/nationalistic version of the talk the Schmeling camp had about Joe Louis and black Americans.

I don't give much credit to Chávez Sr as a thinking man. He's 80's talk in the 2010s. Latin America is much more united now that in his times. Hell, his best times were before America Online and Netscape.

Comment

Working...
                      X