No announcement yet.

My unbiased take on the Cotto-Margarito aftermath

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
    Please rewatch the 9th round, better yet post it in here if you could find it, and tell me how it was any different, or if Margarito even won it.
    I did re watch it, and I dont have it to post here its on my DVR Cotto was holding and running alot in that round it was not by any means the display of boxing he put on in the earlier rounds this was the display of getting tired as he did in their last fight he was slowing down and do yourself a favor when you watch the fight again.
    Look at Tonys gesture when that bell ends the round he turns looks at his corner slices his throat with his glove letting Garcia know Cotto is all spent.

Do you have the fight on your DVR? did you order the fight are are you a fan who found an illegal choppy stream with lag? I am guessing you watched a stream am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
      we had basically the same ****ing fight the difference was the eye swelling caused by a thumb and if you paid attention even the ring side Cottosexuals said the same **** from rounds 4 through 7 and in the 9th it was clear the fight was shifting.

There was nothing different about this fight except the eye and Cotto made minor adjustments, but by the 9th you could see that Tony had applied enough pressure to make up for Cottos adjustment.

Look at Tonys reaction when the bell to end the 9th sounded, (Glove slicing the throat) telling Garcia Cotto was all done...

The difference in this fight is Cotto may have gotten stopped or quit again in the 12th rather than the 11th.
      Man I don't know what fight you were watching... Cotto was up 7 rds on all the cards and looked 10 times fresher than Margo going into the tenth... he was fortunate to have the doctor save his eye... make no mistake the 3 rds Cotto had left he was going to pound that eye until Margo was blind as evident by the stare down after the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by rollinmerc View Post
        very well said cotto dnnt not stay on the ropes like he did in the first fight i was goin for margarito tho and although he did have vision problems cotto was fadin and i do beleive that cotto wuldve been stopped in the 11th or 12th round
        Your not even close,

So in your fantasy final 3 rounds Margie would have done what he couldn't in 9 rounds.

LOL denial

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
          These "would have" and other conspiracy theories don't add anything to what happened. The facts are that Cotto was dominating the fight and way ahead on all scorecards and rightfully so. Margarito had 9 full rounds and was not able to be really effective. What is the basis to say that he would do in 3 minutes what he was not even close to doing in 27?

I think Margarito, as usual, showed a lot of courage and desire and I was admiring that, but that disappeared after all the excuses he's mentioned and the way he refuses to give any credit to Cotto. I know they hate each other but it would be a very honorable thing to take your loss like a man and go back to the drawing board with your head up high. It gets even worse when some of his fans just deny the facts and act as if Margarito just needed 30 seconds of the 10th round to put Cotto to sleep out of nowhere when it was clear that Margarito had vision problems, was getting tired also, and seemed much weaker than in 2008. Otherwise, how was Cotto able to push him to the ropes on several occasions? Honestly, who expected to see Margarito against the ropes in a fight with Cotto? I know I did not expect it.
          I generally agree but think you're being a little too harsh on Margo and his fans. In fairness, Margarito has always been a late starter and has historically had his best rounds late in the fight so regardless of how bad he looked it's not unreasonable to think that he might have had some moments in the final 3 rounds against a fighter he stopped previously before, has had stamina issues let's face it and kept on putting the pressure.

Yes he was losing the fight, losing the fight big but again look at the 1st Cotto fight and the Williams fight, both fights in which Margarito came on strong at the end after getting fairly dominated and outboxed the 1st 5-6 rounds. While he doesn't always come from behind to win, he is the type of fighter whose stamina, determination and body attacks that become most effective and evident late in fights.

As far as not saying "the better man won blah blah blah" I think we all knew the bad blood and immense pride of these two fighters and I think it's bit idealistic to think they would let bygones be bygones just like that especially when a fight ended against the will of that fighter who rightly or wrongly believed he still could've won.
          Last edited by KOKings; 12-05-2011, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
            Your not even close,

So in your fantasy final 3 rounds Margie would have done what he couldn't in 9 rounds.

LOL denial
            Exactly I thought it was just me... how can u ignore what a guy does for 9 rds and talk about what a guy could have done in 3rds after a legit tko... lol delusion at its finest!

Comment

this is the pansiest way to get revenge i've ever seen. the guy proved he can see. let him fight. yeah if i had to pick who was going to win i would say cotto would probably go on to win but i would have said that before the fight even started. this is boxing let's find out. if i wanted probably's i'd be a mayweather fan. i want actualities!

Comment

I did re watch it, and I dont have it to post here its on my DVR Cotto was holding and running alot in that round it was not by any means the display of boxing he put on in the earlier rounds this was the display of getting tired as he did in their last fight he was slowing down and do yourself a favor when you watch the fight again.
                Look at Tonys gesture when that bell ends the round he turns looks at his corner slices his throat with his glove letting Garcia know Cotto is all spent.

Do you have the fight on your DVR? did you order the fight are are you a fan who found an illegal choppy stream with lag? I am guessing you watched a stream am I right?
                Originally posted by badlefthook.com
                Round 9: Tough moment where it looked like it was being stopped. BUT DOC. SAID. LET ’EM ROLL.

But here we go again.

Cotto starting to crowd him now. Margarito with pot shots. Rights to the head and body, but just slaps in close as they tie up. Left hook Cotto again. He’s moving, turning Margarito around. Margarito too slow. Left hook again. Cotto on the move.

Left hook body Margarito, three shots in return from Cotto. Margarito verbally taunting again. Cotto continues to come at him. Honestly, this round it’s Cotto pressuring. LEFT HOOK AND ANOTHER ONE! Cotto is coming for him.

Looks like Cotto has no more fear of Margarito’s power.

Left again by Cotto. Right hand and big left from Cotto! Margarito trying hard, but he’s got nothing.

Cotto 10-9
                Cotto 89-82
                Originally posted by bloodyelbow.com
                Round 9: The fight is in danger of being stopped but they let it go. Brilliant left uppercut by Cotto. Left to the body by Margarito. Both are against the ropes. Cotto with a combination upstairs. They awkwardly clinch. Margarito lands some thudding shots and Cotto comes back with a combination of his own. Brilliant exchange against the ropes. Margarito with a series of uppercuts, and then a Thai clinch. Cotto 10-9.
                Originally posted by bleacherreport.com
                Round 9- Doctor still in ring to check Margarito's eye at beginning of round, and let's the boxers continue. Both fighting from the inside now. Cotto landing the better shots. Combination lands for Margarito, but Cotto answers back. Cotto throws a massive combination to the body and goes to the head. Margarito holds on and gets back on the ropes. Jab snaps Margarito's head back. Left hook lands for Cotto as the round ends. 10-9 Cotto
                Originally posted by b o x i n ginsider.com
                Round 9: Margarito’s right eye is being checked by the Doctor, and the crowd is starting to cheer loudly in anticipation of a Doctor stoppage. The eye is swollen completely shut, but Margarito says he wants to continue, and the Doctor allows it. Cotto with a jab. Margarito valiantly walking forward but not landing much. The fighters exchange hooks to the body on the inside. Cotto throws three hooks to the body, then lands with two big left hooks to the head. Cotto lands a jab on the right eye of Margarito. Cotto with an uppercut but Margarito responds with the same. Cotto snaps Margarito’s head back and the crowd is raucous. 10-9 round for Cotto
                Apparently You were the one watching on a stream dumbass..I couldn't find one website that even came close to giving it to Margarito. It was only a matter of time, Margarito was getting stopped one way or another.
                Last edited by ..WaRSpencE..; 12-05-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Apparently You were the one watching on a stream dumbass..I couldn't find one website that even came close to giving it to Margarito. It was only a matter of time, Margarito was getting stopped one way or another.
                  You think I give a **** what or how those sites score the fights? seriously ask the owner of this site if his writers get paid? in fact ask the owner of this site where he picked up these writers

Thats ****ing real all the websites are like that and usually tend to be biased fan boys... Be ****ing real

Comment

You think I give a **** what or how those sites score the fights? seriously ask the owner of this site if his writers get paid? in fact ask the owner of this site where he picked up these writers

Thats ****ing real all the websites are like that and usually tend to be biased fan boys... Be ****ing real
                    Wow..

Comment

Wow..

So obviously your new, find out where they get their "Boxing experts" thats a fact they pick most of them up off the ****ing forums

Comment

Working...
                      X