Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley: "Khan has a better chance of beating Mayweather than Pacquiao does"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
    You guys just proved you dont know **** about boxing.

The only guys who can beat floyd are pacquiao and martinez.
    martinez could not. his hands are always too low and may would get to him before his guards up. pac is too un-unbalanced and too sloppy. khan does have the most legitimate chance. but hes too green. only people beating floyd are middleweights or above

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
      The in-ring experience overall is where I still think Floyd has a big edge over Khan. I think Khan still needs a year to go through a Tim Bradley, Devon Alexander, or hell, why not the winner or Berto vs Ortiz rematch?

With Pacquiao, let me just say this, based on his performance against Marquez, I can say my prediction on a Mayweather vs Pac fight leaned much more towards Floyd. But the more I think about where both guys are at today, truthfully, I still think it's a bit of a toss up. Sure, Floyd KO'd Ortiz (sucker punch yea, but Ortiz had it coming), but in retrospect we really didn't get a chance to see a different Mayweather than what we saw against Mosley. I still may lean towards Floyd, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
      So you're saying that it's a toss up fight based on what exactly? Judging by what we all know about Pacquiao and Mayweather, what makes you think the matchup is too close to call at this point?

As far as Khan, his style and size could present problems for Mayweather but I think he's too green. I would probably agree that he has a better chance than Pacquiao, but only because I don't give Pacquiao much of a chance. Especially if he has to take the tests.

Comment

Originally posted by stormfroe View Post
        khan needs an alchemist to turn glass into iron.
        what for? it aint like pillow fist can break a glass anyways LOL..

Comment

I am really starting to get annoyed with Khan and his mouth, but I have said all along that he does have the tools to beat Floyd, but I question his toughness right now.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
            No they will go to donaire.

Pacquiao hasn't got a whole country behind him because of Roach lol.
            That's going to make me stop liking Donaire. Once the fanboy's joing the bandwagon I get off.

Comment

Nobody is going to out-box Floyd. Khan ain't no Hearns. Khan's size is neglegable, 2 inches taller 1 inch shorter reach than Mayweather, its not like he would have Hearns-like advantages over Mayweather. On top of that, no way you can say he's more skilled than Mayweather.

Pac brings 2 particular traits that make him have more of a chance than Khan. His unorthodox style (stance, movement, angles) and willingness to take a hit to land one. They can overcome the skill disparity, may not be likely, but its more likely that his style can catch Mayweather by surprise than Khan can strait up outbox Floyd.

Comment

Idk if I agree or not. I say they both equal. Somebody with experience that moves with height and long arms that constantly jabs will outpoint him. In a bigger weight class

Floyd will beat Pac from creating space and he'll beat Khan by walking him down like he did Jab

Comment

I find it funny that a month ago before the Marquez fight I said the same thing and people laughed at me.

Comment

because floyd will not duck khan as hard as he ducked cotto and pac..............

Comment

Like I said, the hype that was Pac is now being exposed and the "NEW" guy is being hyped as the next best thing to beat Floyd. lol

Come on all, lets go ahead and say it now. Floyd is ducking Khan. Floyd would be KO'ed by Khan.. Pac and Floyd are trash, Khan destroys both Mayweather and Pac in one super duper windmill death punch (Joe Calzaghe style)...

Lets just say Mayweather has been ducking Khan since the 80's...

The Amer-a-Con-tards will unit! Pac is a dead exposed fish and Floyd needs to stop ducking the NEW hype that is known as the king khan! lol

Lets all jump on this boat now....

Comment

Working...
                      X