No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chemito Moreno Outboxes Darchinyan To Retain Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I just watched the fight, it was a total out classing, Vic could have won two rounds at most.
    What do you want to see next Spray, Moreno facing Donaire or Mares ?

I hope that Nonito doesnt move to 122 straight away. Anyone heard ?

He was a little light last time out, so maybe he can stick at bantam for a couple more fights?

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post

He was a little light last time out, so maybe he can stick at bantam for a couple more fights?
      I feel like Donaire is probably the best at BW and Moreno and Mares have to be top contenders if the paper titles don't matter so I would prefer those two fight then winner gets Donaire for undisputed champ at 118.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post

Donaire is moving up. He's probably fighting Nishioka next.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Aaah thats right, I did hear that he was looking at Arce or Nishioka next.

It's a shame really.

Moreno/Mares it is then.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Not really. NIshioka gets mentioned a lot but he's heading to WV2. Next would probably be Arce.

Comment

Nishioka is much better than most think. He's an excellent fighter. Just a pity that it's taken this long for him to get his just dues.

Him and Donaire would be a magnificent fight. Hard to say how Donaire would handle Nishioka's crafty style and good counter punching and vice versa.

I still think, apart from Donaire, Moreno is the best in the division. I would like to see those two fight next TBH. It would show immediate supremacy I believe. Vic looked done last night. He's had an amazing, possible HOF, career and maybe even overachieved though I think he's much better than most give him credit for. You don't get the career and wins he's had with only one (now two) real losses while fighting the guys he's fought without having serious skill along with the power.

However, he tires quicker now, has reverted back to his overly wild ways instead of his power and boxing, as he used at his peak run. Great little fighter. Hopefully he can still get a paper title at BW, just to say he's been a 3 division champ if nothing else.

Maybe a rematch with Agbeko could be a go. If he can win it would erase that one loss when he got head butted to hell and would be a great finish to a great career.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                Nishioka is much better than most think. He's an excellent fighter. Just a pity that it's taken this long for him to get his just dues.

Him and Donaire would be a magnificent fight. Hard to say how Donaire would handle Nishioka's crafty style and good counter punching and vice versa.

I still think, apart from Donaire, Moreno is the best in the division. I would like to see those two fight next TBH. It would show immediate supremacy I believe. Vic looked done last night. He's had an amazing, possible HOF, career and maybe even overachieved though I think he's much better than most give him credit for. You don't get the career and wins he's had with only one (now two) real losses while fighting the guys he's fought without having serious skill along with the power.

However, he tires quicker now, has reverted back to his overly wild ways instead of his power and boxing, as he used at his peak run. Great little fighter. Hopefully he can still get a paper title at BW, just to say he's been a 3 division champ if nothing else.

Maybe a rematch with Agbeko could be a go. If he can win it would erase that one loss when he got head butted to hell and would be a great finish to a great career.
                It would be a fantastic fight. The problem is that the name gets tossed out and then Donaire is steered towards softer, but all-Arum promoted, matches. That's what appears to be happening. Sucks. He's moving up to a lesser division to fight lesser talents UNLESS he does end up with Nishioka.

Comment

Bring on Mares-Moreno. Anber won't come forward with stupid agression, like Darch did. It would be a good fight, and Moreno earned it the way he took Darch to school.

Comment

Really impressed with Moreno. I'd favor him over Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      It would be a fantastic fight. The problem is that the name gets tossed out and then Donaire is steered towards softer, but all-Arum promoted, matches. That's what appears to be happening. Sucks. He's moving up to a lesser division to fight lesser talents UNLESS he does end up with Nishioka.
                      At the Marquez/Nishioka post fight presser, Arum told Nishioka in person that he should come back to the states and fight more guys from his stable. He's also good friends with Honda who is Nishioka's promoter.

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                      Bring on Mares-Moreno. Anber won't come forward with stupid agression, like Darch did. It would be a good fight, and Moreno earned it the way he took Darch to school.
                      I agree, a Mares/Moreno fight would be very competitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X