Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerald McClellan Takes 2 Knees In Rnd 10 against Benn. Did he quit??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
    thats the thing. he's some fat short loser who critic fighters rather then jumping in the ring & losing weight............
    I can say it with much confidence that I'm in really good shape. I may not be a boxer but I do keep an eye out for my fitness. Plus it's required that I be in shape for my job.

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Him, LatinKing, DirkDiggler and all the other tards that think McClellan quit. See, these are the ones that never threw a punch or got hit with one. Probably never even tried to play basketball tired. But are running around calling people that have blood masks "quitters".

I have truly lost a lot of respect for some posters that I had a bit of respect for. It's truly sickening; it's disgusting.
    I don't like basketball. Never have and never will. I've been through many obstacles in life and never once quit.

I could care less if you lost respect for me. Who the fuck are you? You don't pay my bills or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post

I could care less if you lost respect for me. Who the fuck are you? You don't pay my bills or anything.
      Sorry, never heard of you.

Comment

Sorry, never heard of you.
        But yet you have kept replying to my comments.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
          I'm sure you came with some good logic for this topic, but I didn't read any of it.

I guess some will say he quit. In technical terms, it easy to say he did. Now if you take a closer look, only the fighter (or person in general) know if something is wrong with their body...The G-Man knew something was wrong. So he took a knee, and withdrew from the fight. If memory serves, he did tell his corner something was wrong, or didn't feel right. The rest is history...

The was and still is my favorite fighter to this day. I get a bit snippy when topics are made about him, but I will try and be fair here.

I guess it is fair for people to say, or even question if he quit. To me, it is all in the way they say it.

Now for me, I look at the whole picture. The G-man did not come off that knee (when it seemed to me he could have) cause he knew he could have been in danger. looking back, to little to late. I really feel there is a difference in this situation...Then again, I'm very biased on the subject.

This is a really interesting question for me, but then again, I never really have been the one to accuse fighters of quitting. Maybe that is why I'm so torn by the question.
          That's it. It's solely technical.

Technically, yes he quit.

But is Gerald a quitter? Absolutely not. He's a warrior who said before hand and showed in the ring he was prepared to die.

Comment

That fight has been a true heartbreak for me for years, McClellan was one of my favorites then. What a fight that was.

To see the man that he's been reduced to brings tears to my eyes, but that's the truth of the sport we love, he knew the risk and so it goes... Boxing is the "hurt business," and for all the prizes it offers it also offers an equal amount of suffering.

He quit, he was really going down hill and obviously in retrospect he most definitely was as his injuries would prove.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              That's it. It's solely technical.

Technically, yes he quit.

But is Gerald a quitter? Absolutely not. He's a warrior who said before hand and showed in the ring he was prepared to die.
              That was the exact point I was going for (and failing with all that text)...

Glad it hit the mark!

Comment

Cotto's not my top guy, so your comments don't mean anything to me.

But I do respect fighters that give it their all and lay it all on the line in the ring. That's what I defend, not the fighter.
                cotto quit like the quitter he was always destined to be, lol, gerald quit aswell, you posted the topic so im just answering your topic, lol, lol, its nice to know you dont root for quitters, lol, thats good, lol, i would be ashamed of rooting for a quitter just like you are so yes cotto quit

Comment

G Man quit because he was suffering from serious brain damage. Cotto was alright, look at him today. He just quit because it got too rough in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    But yet you have kept replying to my comments.
                    he also said he doesnt root for cotto , lol, he shouldnt be angry at you, lol, threadstarter should be angry at cotto for quitting

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      G Man quit because he was suffering from serious brain damage. Cotto was alright, look at him today. He just quit because it got too rough in there.
                      all true, cotto only quit cause lack of bravery

Comment

Working...
                      X