No announcement yet.

Could Floyd's come forward aggressive style backfire against Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
    yep, he sure adjusted on the fly vs judah, he kept doing the same thing, throughout the whole fight, the one that changed was judah, he got broken down(by his natural tendencies, weak mind and the body attack of floyd)

floyd couldn't avoid judah's straight left that came after the jab to save his life
    Not that you're right (far from it) but I don't even understand this argument. Floyd didn't adjust in a fight where he didn't have to? Well I'll be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      If Mayweather insists on going at Pac, he's not as good at that as Pac is at punishing that style. Mayweather will eat good shots and realize it is much easier to make Pacquiao chase, and if he doesn't he'll lose. Absolutely confident about that.

This fight would depend on Mayweather. If he makes Pacquiao chase, he wins easy. If he thinks he is going to pull a Judah or Mosley, Pacquiao will make him pay.
      We simply have differing opinons. Which is fine.

I think Mayweather beats Pacquaio whatever of his mutliple stratergies he chooses to adopt.

And if his gameplan isn't working, he'll simply make the adjustments that will make it work.

IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        LOL what are you talking about? The last few rounds of that fight were nothing like the first few rounds. Judah tried the straight left in the latter half of the fight but had trouble landing it. That is why Judah got upset, what he was doing at the beginning of the fight was no longer working and he got frustrated.
        lol, judah threw punches in the latter part of the fight? i dont know, when he switched off i kind of switched off too, got boring, he would barely move anymore and just stand there as mayweather raked his body with hooks
        he was done in the latter half, although im sure if i go back i can find a couple of punches that he landed, even despite his very low output

P.S zab got frustrated because he was tired and getting his ass whooped

Comment

Floyd doesn't leave his chin hanging though.

He's a come forward, but elusive, quick handed, defensive, counter puncher.

The elusive, quick handed and counterpunching of his game basically fuck up Pac's night. And for his ability, Floyd's size will be huge for Pacquiao, because he'll be fighting the bigger guy, who's also better and defensive, and a better counterpuncher than the smaller Marquez. He will be a nightmare for Pacquiao. You will see in Pacquiao's face halfway through the fight, the look of a defeated man going back to his corner, sitting down with a sigh, Roach not being able to tell him anything but "hang in there and use your handspeed; remember what we did in the gym" Pacquiao's thoughts: "Yeah but we were not sparring Floyd Mayweather Jr in the gym, coach".

I can guarantee you at one point in the fight, Pacquiao will have a face of a defeated man while sitting down listening to the useless instructions of the joke coach. Pacquiao will get highly frustrated in the fight, probably tap his gloves and raising both hands like a bird, after every clean right hand that Floyd lands, to signal "i'm okay" while losing every round.

Pacquiao is going to get wiped out, no need to even debate about it. Pacquiao will take surviving, and not getting knocked out, as a victory, while losing every round. That should be considered a win in Pac's mind, not getting RTD'd TKO'd, or ref stoppage'ed.

Comment

Before Floyd makes any adjustments, he will be on canvas imo. That is why he is going to let Pac to be agressor and just counter him from the distance. And I am 100% sure we will not see the Pacquiao fake version from JMM fight.

Comment

I Floyd tries to trade with Pac, he is going to get KO'd

Comment

yep, he sure adjusted on the fly vs judah, he kept doing the same thing, throughout the whole fight, the one that changed was judah, he got broken down(by his natural tendencies, weak mind and the body attack of floyd)

floyd couldn't avoid judah's straight left that came after the jab to save his life

Yeah, and Marquez didn't really adjust to Manny's lefts in the first fight either. It was just Manny's natural tendencies and weak mind to miss after catching Marquez multiple times. It had nothing to do with Marquez being smart enough to adjust and move away from the left, not at all. It was all Manny, that's how good Manny is...he showed Marquez some mercy. Just like Judah did to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                  Before Floyd makes any adjustments, he will be on canvas imo. That is why he is going to let Pac to be agressor and just counter him from the distance. And I am 100% sure we will not see the Pacquiao fake version from JMM fight.
                  But if that Pacquiao was the fake version against Marquez...then Pacquiao is just a fake fighter...because he looked exactly the same against Marquez, THREE times.

Comment

If you read someone saying Floyd will get K.O, ignore their dumbass comment plz

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Not that you're right (far from it) but I don't even understand this argument. Floyd didn't adjust in a fight where he didn't have to? Well I'll be damned.
                      well, the post was a reply to mayweather being able to adjust on the fly, so, you might've missed my point, lol

Comment

Working...
                      X